2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cylinder Misfire

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 12:00 PM
RFH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cylinder Misfire

I have a '97 2500 with a 5.9 engine. After being stuck in the mud this past weekend my check engine light came on. When I was back by the exhaust it sounded like it was running rough. I checked the codes with the ignition switch and it came up as #43, cylinder misfire. Anyone have any experience with this? Any easy things to check before I get into a more involved project? Thanks in advance.

Old 08-28-2006, 12:11 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cylinder Misfire

I'd start by checking all your wires, make sure you have good connections, and that you did not somehow damage any of them off-roading. If no problem there, pull your plugs to see if there is an issue with the individual plugs themsleves. Figure out which one is missing and start there. If not that, just start chasing the electrical path backwards. Plug, wires, cap, distributor, coil and so on. It's doubtful that a coil would be causing a misfire on one cylinder though.

Old 08-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Cylinder Misfire

Check out this thread: https://dodgeforum.com/m_484693/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Cylinder Misfire