2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

another offroadin mod...finished pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 05:03 PM
hawkeyedodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: another offroadin mod

I sprayed the floors of my old Cj-7 Just like that.. It was great, I could go muddin with the top off and never have to worry about that damn pull out carpet any more. The only thing that sucked, was when the floor pans got so rusty on the underside that they finally rusted out, my foot went right through that rubberised undercoating driving down the highway.. that was kind of scary..

Old 08-29-2006, 05:10 PM
radwebster
Captain

ORIGINAL: Tani1500

alright you better be kidding me. you know what and im gunna laugh my *** off when your axles snap like twigs. just because bill got extremely luck. plus your motors not gunna have the ***** to turn them. your trucks got 180,000 something on it right. why dont you learn how to wheel right first and maybe you wont need all this crap.
ha! evan (another of bills friends who we go wheeling with all the time) has 38.5" boggers on his 1500, with posi in the back..and oh yea, we welded the spider gears on his front. nothing broke, and he's beating the crap out of it. my front spiders are getting welding one of these days (very soon).

if it breaks, i'll fix it. no big deal [sm=gears.gif]

Old 08-29-2006, 05:58 PM
silverram99
Captain

ORIGINAL: radwebster

if it breaks, i'll fix it. no big deal [sm=gears.gif]
I like your style.

Old 08-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Tani1500
Champion

ORIGINAL: Ram_Sport

do i sense hostility?
haha yea. idk if you want go for it rad but damn dont come here and bitch when you have to fix everything. Im just pissed because i know if i ever tried that i would snap and axle shaft as soon as i left the pavement. damn why does this truck have to have so much torque

Old 08-29-2006, 08:30 PM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rad + Sawzall + MIG Welder + weekend = ????

I'm bettin' HalfTrack. Who needs clearance when you've got tracks? [8D]

Old 08-29-2006, 09:24 PM
radwebster
Captain

ahhh if only i had a welder of my own...[sm=drooldude.gif]

finished the floor. gonna add those heavy black w/red dodge floormats with the ram head on em.
could only get 2 decent pics...its dark and raining out now, sooo i'll get some more another day.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28056/EA78D2E999AF446C916FA4CF24F3088E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28056/6A6FB28FCFDA4BA59EE3F24C4478D658.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-29-2006, 09:49 PM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That really doesn't look that bad. Does it give any traction when it's wet or are you sliding around on it?

Old 08-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like you cleaned up on the inside a little for us. I know of a group that you might want to check out since you're in jersey. www.tri-state4x4.com they're some really cool guys. My SN is the same over there.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:42 AM
johnjokela
Veteran

i was goin to do this to one of my older pickups, but instead i was going to have LINE X do it and i think they wanted 3 or 400 bucks, is the 7$ rattle can stuff good or the HERCU LINER stuff from napa that you roll on? i go mudding in the winter and i have a yellow lab who likes to go with me and ill let him out to run , and he gets muddy and wet, and i also work construction, so im might really be considering this, good pics it doesnt look that bad to me, let me know how it cleans up, ive also seen ppl paint thier whole trucks with this stuff , or just the rocker panels.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:43 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ive thought about doing that with the mirada, but that stuff is fairly heavy, so we just painted the floor the color of the carpet with some rustoleum! when i worked for monro, our shop truck had the interior floor painted just like that..i dont know if it was bedliner material, but it felt like it...

rad, i think your truck looks hard as hell...but im not sure that i could stand the mud on the inside.

Quick Reply: another offroadin mod...finished pics