2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

mickey thompson baja claws

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 08:50 PM
Tani1500
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mickey thompson baja claws

ORIGINAL: radwebster

yep claws are sweet...i've had mine on since like feb or jan and they dont seem to be wear too badly, considering what i put my truck through. they look cool, they fling mud like a ****, and they grab great.

crap, for $199 each for 37's, i might have to upgrade...
hey rad, why dont next time you go out wheeling flip them around and try it that way and see if you see if you gett better traction. you should. im suprised to hell you havent done that already since thats what all the hard core wheelers do with theres

Old 08-31-2006, 09:12 PM
radwebster
Captain

ORIGINAL: Tani1500

hey rad, why dont next time you go out wheeling flip them around and try it that way and see if you see if you gett better traction. you should. im suprised to hell you havent done that already since thats what all the hard core wheelers do with theres

i'm welding the front spider gears within the week...if i still need more traction, i'll give it a try

Old 09-01-2006, 04:02 AM
dirty dog
Professional

so how much backspacing are u guys running on ur wheels?

Old 09-07-2006, 07:05 AM
mntnceguy
Rookie

I had claws on my Ram a while back, and as long as your going forward they are great, but try to back up on even the slightest incline and loose dirt, your screwed! Well, I mean ya have to put it in 4wheel to back up. Wasn't impressed with the ability to turn in loose stuff at speed either. I put Goodyear MTR on after the claws, and what a difference, no more reverse problems, quieter, and better turning. I'll never go with claws again, after having the MTR's. Im with big_n_bad though, my next set are gonna be the Mickey MTZ, they are alot like the the goodyear mtr, but way better. Thats my 2cents worth, I'll send ya the bill, LOL

Old 09-07-2006, 04:58 PM
dirty dog
Professional

well guys just got done ordering the claws and they said 4 to 10 working days so when they get here a few hours later ill know how they do because i got a mud hole in front on the house and ill let u know what happens

cant really lose cause there only $839 for a set of 4 37x13.50x15 shipped and now i got bf all terrains thats worn out

Old 09-07-2006, 06:46 PM
ARbowhunter7

ur running 35s on just 3" of lift?
I'm running 35's w/ NO lift or cutting. Only rubs a little when I try to turn sharp when its flexed out. My truck sits real tall for a stock truck though, even with the Off Road package. Its weird

Old 09-07-2006, 10:47 PM
dirty dog
Professional

u dont even have a leveling kit?

u got the standard cab? they sit up taller than the extended cab

Old 09-08-2006, 03:59 AM
ARbowhunter7

Nope, no leveling kit. Bone stock. Its a Quad Cab too. It's weird though, I've got a buddy that ordered 35's for his 01 QC Off Road and they scrubbed REAL bad. Same exact setup as mine.

Old 09-08-2006, 05:33 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dirty dog

so how much rub are u getting?

i was wondering cause i have a 5" rough country with a 3" body and i was going to order tsl 38.5x15x15 but was scared of the rub right now im running the bf all terrains 315x70 or75x17 which i would not recommend to anyone they are worn out but i clear them by about 4" but thats on stock rim and my new rim is 15x10 with 3.75" backspacing

damn thats alot of bs.. im running only 4" of bs and mine stick out something fierce.. from 4.5" bs stock to 3.75" tahts pretty far out.. literally.. keep an eye on your wheel bearings.. then tend to not like extreme bs .. this is how far mine stick out with just 4" of bs.. .. i think 3.5 is way to far for the stock type bearings and axles.. youll prolly be ok with the 3.75 sinces its only a 1/4 inch more.. or less.. or whatever.. still be a good idea to keep a good eye on them

ORIGINAL: ARbowhunter7

Nope, no leveling kit. Bone stock. Its a Quad Cab too. It's weird though, I've got a buddy that ordered 35's for his 01 QC Off Road and they scrubbed REAL bad. Same exact setup as mine.

thats wierd..it shouldnt differ like that..unless he's got bad coil sag in the front.. with my offroad and a 2" leveling kit my 315's (34.6) rub at full lock full flex just on the inner fender liner.. no CONTROL AMR rub at all.. thast where my BS helps me ....

Old 09-08-2006, 01:05 PM
ARbowhunter7

thats wierd..it shouldnt differ like that..unless he's got bad coil sag in the front.. with my offroad and a 2" leveling kit my 315's (34.6) rub at full lock full flex just on the inner fender liner.. no CONTROL AMR rub at all.. thast where my BS helps me ....
Yeah, must be the coil spring sag. His truck is REAL dogged-out... his parents bought it and pay for everything. That thing sees about 2 feet of air DAILY on these railroad tracks in front of his house, rain or shine.

Quick Reply: mickey thompson baja claws