2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brake help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 06:10 PM
ramchrgr88
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake help!

My 98 1500 has that horrible death shudder when breaking. You all know it, its that violent vibrating the truck gets when breaking, no matter hard or soft the breaking is. Hopefully you know what i mean. Anyways, what causes this, and what is the simple fix for the problem? I know this has been brought up before, but i couldnt really find a good answer. Do i need new pads, new calipers, new discs, or new everything? Please help, its driving me crazy. Thanks guys!

Old 09-05-2006, 06:14 PM
silverram99
Captain
Default RE: Brake help!

Probably warped rotors, you should be able to turn them and while you are at it get a good set of brake pads. I personally like the Wagner Thermo-Quiets but they are designed for towing. They don't make much dust at all either.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker
Default RE: Brake help!

I had an extremely similar issue on mine when i bought it. silverram is most likely correct. My right front rotor was warped, new discs and pads and stops so nice and smooth.

Quick Reply: Brake help!