2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Has anyone ever replaced rotors on a 98 ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone ever replaced rotors on a 98 ??

I've got a 98 diesel Ram. Driving to work today I hit the brakes and I heard the bone chilling GRIND noise. Yep ... I'm sure I've cracked a pad again. They were just put on about 2 months ago. I HATE when that happens !!! [sm=shootshoot.gif]

Anyway ....

I'm told that my rotors are "pressed " on, and they are a real pain in the kiester to replace. I've never done my own brakes before, so I have no clue what's involved. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Also ....

If you could direct me to where you'd recommend for me to buy my new pads and rotors I'd really appreciate that as well. I've seen a thread on drilled and slotted rotors and I haven't made up my mind there yet, but I'm thinking slotted. For now, I'm primarily interrested in how my front rotors come on and off and just how difficult replacing them is.

Thanks guy's ...

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever replaced rotors on a 98 ??