2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HP add ons for 318 whats the best for the money$

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:08 AM
turkeyhunter1962
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HP add ons for 318 whats the best for the money$

ORIGINAL: psirobious

$45 single exhaust 36" glass pack//$134 CAI// $85 throttle body spacer 1"(rec 7/8" for better torque )( CAI + TB spcr requires fabing using origonal dodge air intake base) also a basic msd i go 100+ weeklyi run 1st to 45 mph and 2nd goes up to 80 and 3rd 120+i have blown the tranny (2nd gear)but i think that was my fault! any ways its peppy i know a hemi can be faster but there is a small group of people that push their vehicles in my area faster than i push my old dodge. oh i also have not chipped it i burned out a jacobs to
For our Magnum gas engines a throttle body spacer only takes up space and causes us to spend extra money that we shouldn't. Spacers are designed to cause a swirling action nea the point where the fuel enters the air stream. However, in our Multi Port Fuell Injected (MPFI) engines, the air flows approximately another foot before reaching the injectors. By then, any action obtained from the throttle body is compeltely gone and you lose the benefit. Now, for throttle body injected (TBI) engines I have heard some good things about TB Spacers.

Another item that can help your 318 would be a new set of Harlan Sharp 1.7 roller rockers. You can go adjustable or non-adjustable (non-adjustable was my choice).They will increase the lift of your valves thereby allowing more air and fuel into your engine and more exhaust out. Combine them with a CAI (your choice), fastman throttle body (50mm for the 318), the stock exhaust headers are pretty good so save replacing them till last, a Magnaflow High-Flow cat converter, and a good Flowmaster Cat back exhaust (I recommend single exhaust to keep cost down and keep the torque lower in the RPM band).

As I said in an earlier post, in and out. You gotta consider that when changing the air/fuel areas of your engine. Once done there, you can look into a MSD6 series ignition system, 8mm or larger quality wires, Autolite 3923 sparkplugs, good brass contact cap and rotor, and a MSD high capacity coil such as a Blaster series..

Good luck.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:44 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HP add ons for 318 whats the best for the money$

Best bang for the buck : heads , intake manifold , injectors 24lbs, cam , roller rockers , gears , TB , ingition , upgrade the pcm , mopar , B&G ,SCT .oh yeah you have a 97 you can use the msd blaster replacementcoil #8226 , msd 8.5mm plug wires , autolite 3924 plugs , as far as exhaust goes will depend on you .. cause what works for me wont work for you..

Quick Reply: HP add ons for 318 whats the best for the money$