2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1999 Fuel Delivery Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Joshwfl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Fuel Delivery Problem

I have a 99 Dodge Ram 5.2. I just changed the plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor because of a misfire on cylinder 2. Now the misfire is gone, but when it starts it will die right away. I can keep my foot on the gas and it will stay running, but stall as soon as I let up. I can start it as many times as I want and it just keeps stalling. I checked the fuel pump it seems to be working and the pre-filter on the bottom is clean. I'm stumped and appreciate any ideas so I can start driving to work again.

Thanks,
Josh

Old 09-10-2006, 07:54 PM
silverram99
Captain
Default RE: 1999 Fuel Delivery Problem

If you keep your foot in it for a while will it eventually idle? My truck started that and I needed an IAC motor, also you may want to clean the throttle body and the IAC too before you go to the expense of buying one. There are a ton of recent posts on how to do this, but if you can't find one PM me and all tell you how.

Old 09-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Joshwfl
Default RE: 1999 Fuel Delivery Problem

I've kept my foot on the gas for about a minute and that made no difference. I'll try the clean. It still seems wierd to me that it was fine before changing the plugs, wires and cap. Thanks for the input!

Quick Reply: 1999 Fuel Delivery Problem