2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Oil Pan gasket

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 07:17 PM
ARbowhunter7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Pan gasket

Hey guys, I just had a quick question about replacing my oil pan gasket. Is it as easy as it seems like its gonna be or are there a bunch of oil covered parts that are gonna go flying everywhere when I drop the pan? Also, besides wipe out all the sludge from inside the pan, is there anything I should clean or check for while the pan's off? I remember that right after I changed my tranny fluid I posted something about it and The Burning Rom came in and was like "You made sure and adjusted your bands while the pan was off right?" and I just wanted to kick myself for not remembering to do that. Thanks.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Oil Pan gasket

I replaced my pan gasket about 4 months before my engine acted up and I decided to rebuild it. Just drain it, wipe the lip, inspect the bottom end, and replace. Keep a rubber mallet handy, because I had to use one to "encourage" it to pop back into place. Also, replace it in the afternoon rather than the evening. I dropped a wrench on my face while trying to hold a flashlight and then put another bolt into place.

Quick Reply: Oil Pan gasket