2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Oil Pan Help NEED ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 08:52 PM
ARbowhunter7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Pan Help NEED ASAP!

Hey guys, I just underwent the infuriating process of removing all the oil pan bolts to drop the pan, but I cant get it out. I've been at it with a hammer for a while, and it's hangin up on EVERYTHING, mainly the tranny. Is there a trick to removing it, or can I just put in a new gasket with it only lowered a couple inches or is the crank gonna be in the way? Do I really need to clean out the sludge inside it? I need help quick cause I've gotta drive this thing to work!

Old 09-13-2006, 11:55 PM
shortram
Default RE: Oil Pan Help NEED ASAP!

not sure on a "01" but my "96" the pan just dropped straight down and slid out the rear without much trouble, is the gasket still attached to the pan/block? that may be whats hanging up on the crank/tranny?. If you are using a one pc. gasket you should be able to change gaskets without completely removing the pan without to much trouble.if you have a lot of sludge build up it would be a good idea to find a way to get the pan out and clean it up.

Old 09-13-2006, 11:59 PM
BIGSEXY
Professional
Default RE: Oil Pan Help NEED ASAP!

You could be hanging up on the pickup tube inside the pan........No Hammers!

Quick Reply: Oil Pan Help NEED ASAP!