2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

i didnt do it (ripped a chevy apart)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 12:40 AM
Ram1500Dodge
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i didnt do it (ripped a chevy apart)

went out wheelin today and this k5 blazer on 40 inch tsl swampers decides to prove how big and bad he is. He enters the hole in 2wd and gets stuck, puts in 4wd and still doesnt move....so about after 2 hours of watchin jeeps try to pull him i go over my assistance....i hook up to his front tow hook and leave mine in 2wd and gave a little yank..nothing happened, so i back up about 2 feet and gave it a go....bam his tow hook slams into my tailgate (no damage to it though) so he tells me to try from the back, i let him choose his tow point. He has no receiver hitch nor rear tow hooks and decides to attach it to his bumper. I told him im no liable for his bumper. He said "if it rips off oh well". so i rip his rear bumper off. then i decided im not gonna mess with it anymore and i left...sorry theres no climatic end to the story but i thought it was funny....ill have some pics when i get them developed

thanks for reading

Steve-o

Old 09-18-2006, 01:02 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Default RE: i didnt do it (ripped a chevy apart)

The bumper? He/you would've been much better off trying to get it wrapped around his frame.

Also, a tow strap/chain that comes unhooked can be VERY dangerous (as you may have found out taking that hit to the tail gate). It's important to always make sure your line is secure before trying to extract a vehicle.

Old 09-18-2006, 01:13 AM
Ram1500Dodge
Veteran

i hooked my end up, he hooked his end up...because he was down in a ditch, anythiny flying off would have either hit my tailgate, which it did, or shot over my truck...yeah i know its all still dangerous, but i still took the risk, it was fun and i didnt break anything on my vehicle....anywho....peaceout

Steve-O

Old 09-18-2006, 01:37 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ive have always been told not to get a "running start" always try to creep the guy out of the stuck situation.. mainly not for the other guys truck but such a hard jerk on your truck .. your stuff can break too ..
but still ripping apart a chevy is always fun!!!!

Old 09-18-2006, 01:49 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

ok ill say it
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 09-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Terran
Professional

you should always lay somthing over the line like a floormat to keep it from flying, also, getting a running start really does nothing but ad to the breakage.

Old 09-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: The Burning Rom

The bumper? He/you would've been much better off trying to get it wrapped around his frame.

Also, a tow strap/chain that comes unhooked can be VERY dangerous (as you may have found out taking that hit to the tail gate). It's important to always make sure your line is secure before trying to extract a vehicle.
I believe the word you are looking for is "extricate" Either way, you are correct in the procedure for trying to assist a stuck vehicle.

Old 09-18-2006, 02:08 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: VWandDodge

I believe the word you are looking for is "extricate" Either way, you are correct in the procedure for trying to assist a stuck vehicle.

no, extract works.....

man thats a bummer about the dudes K5...... how did his tow hook come off???? how did he have it attached? anyways i wanna see some pics of that

o yea and how did it hit your tailgate but not damage it? must not have hit it too hard?

Old 09-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Ram1500Dodge
Veteran

ORIGINAL: muddy_blue_dodge

ORIGINAL: VWandDodge

no, extract works.....

man thats a bummer about the dudes K5...... how did his tow hook come off???? how did he have it attached? anyways i wanna see some pics of that

o yea and how did it hit your tailgate but not damage it? must not have hit it too hard?

it hit the plastic strip going across the tail gate...and as far as gettin a running start. the straps we all use are "stretch-and-******" and thats why i got a little running start, i didnt gun it, i just got a little extra momentum, mainly b/c this truck was on 40 inch swampers that the tops of the tires were 6 inches under the water.

Quick Reply: i didnt do it (ripped a chevy apart)