2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Question about fastman install

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 04:40 PM
hawkeyedodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about fastman install

Just got off the phone with Dan and ordered my Fastman for my truck. I cant wait to get it. I do have a quick question for any of you who can answer it though. When I disconnect my negative battery cable to get the computer to re-learn for the fastman, do I need to un-install my Hypertech??

Thanks

Old 09-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Question about fastman install

No, you should not need to.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:51 PM
timwag2001
All Star

I think that you do... I was reading a manual for it through summit.com. I think that i read that the hypertech has a security feature in it that only allows it to be used on one vehicle. You would have to reset the computer with the programmer so that the computer matches the programmer. If your computer resets and the programmer doesnt match... you might not be able to use it.

But i read it very late last night and have a really bad memory as it is... for all i know it was a dream. I'ld look into it further if i were you. maybe give hypertech a call.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:52 AM
dirty dog
Professional

does anyone know how many CFMs the fastman flows?

Old 09-28-2006, 01:26 AM
Angelflight
Rookie

Timwag what i think you are thinking of is that the Hypertech programmer is locked to the VIN of the vehicle. if you reset the PCM it will still have the same VIN stored.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:54 AM
timwag2001
All Star

This is what i read.

What To Do Before Taking Your Vehicle In For Service
If you take your vehicle to a dealer or mechanic for service, you must first remove the Hypertech
Power Tuning and restore the stock programming. This is because diagnostic devices expect to find
stock calibrations, and will often overwrite the program if the latest calibration is not found in the
computer memory. This will result in the loss of your Hypertech Power Tuning data. The Hypertech
Power Programmer III has an internal security system that allows its Power Tuning program to be
installed in only one vehicle at a time. In order to maintain the most current calibrations for your
vehicle, the Power Programmer III is designed to allow you to restore the stock tuning before you
take your vehicle in for service so that the service technician can upgrade your stock calibrations. If
the Hypertech Power Tuning program is overwritten at a dealership or repair shop, the Power
Programmer III will not restore the Power Tuning data or the original stock tuning data to your
vehicle.
You can avoid these problems by simply restoring the stock tuning before you take your vehicle in for
service. After the service is complete, you can reinstall your Hypertech Power Tuning. If you have
any questions related to service issues, please call Hypertech at 901-382-8888.

Old 11-05-2006, 04:08 AM
ripto
Captain

Old thread, but quick question about putting fastman on with the k&n fipk.

Since you had to loc tite the screw into the TB to install the FIPK, what do you do when switching TB's? (for whenever I get the fastman tb) do you just have to break the seal and then loc tite it back into the new TB?

Quick Reply: Question about fastman install