2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new dash

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 07:17 PM
helmsa
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new dash

ORIGINAL: LuvMy98Ram

I'm also looking to do something with my dash. I found the dash cover cheaper at JC Whitney. Although no picture is shown for the Dodge model, and it has a bad review, it does say it's the Coverlay cover. Not a bad price...not sure about shipping though. Check it out below

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...013279/c-10614
The JC Whitney overlay is $129.99 which to me seems really high in price.

You can get an overlay at Genos Garage for $55.00, and get a replacement at Genos Garage for $139.95. To me, if you were going to spend $100+ for a dash cover/replacement, it would be better just to replace it, and if you just want a cover, save the 74.99 and get one from Genos.

Just my opinion after reading this tread and looking at the options. I have been looking at replacing mine completely because I have the standard Dodge ISSUED passenger side crack from winshield to airbag cover.

Old 09-30-2006, 07:39 PM
LuvMy98Ram

Thanks for that information, but that is not the same thing. That is a coverking cover, which JC Whitney beats the $55 price on that too - 39.99 (see link). I think JC Whitney has about the best prices, hands-down. To me, the Coverlay seems a better type of cover, better quality?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...013268/c-10614

Old 10-01-2006, 12:30 AM
99 RAM

I just bought a coverlay from pickup specialties for $156 including shipping. The coverlay web site was about $20 more. Seems strange the company would charge more than a retailer selling his stuff. Any way A-Z was $129 delivered, since I already ordered mine I did'nt pay much attention to the exact web site name but i linked to it at the top of the page under the Dodge Forum heading. The quality seems pretty good on the dash. Instructions seem idiot proof. My brother has my truck right now. Would'nt you know the UPS man delivered the dash about 20 minutes after my brother took off so I'll put it in in a couple of weeks.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:22 AM
helmsa
Professional

I'm not intending to start a battle, but Cover King offers two overlays that are both sold by Genos.

The first is the POLY CARPET $35, the second is the MOLDED VINYL $55. JC Whitney's prices $39.99 and $129.99. Genos also offers a dash replacement for $139.95, which I have not found offered by anybody else thus far.

Old 10-01-2006, 03:08 AM
hicktown
Professional

i also need to get one

Old 10-01-2006, 03:35 AM
LuvMy98Ram

I don't want to start a battle either, lol. You have some good points, thanks. I want to get the best, cheapest deal I can get for sure! However, I think the one for $139.95 at Geno's that you're referring to is not an actual dash replacement...if you read it carefully, I believe it's another cover, just like with the Coverlay at JC Whitney...This is a quote on the Geno's product, "these COVERS fit '98 - '02 trucks." Anywho...I Know I just need to get that crack covered up...What's up with these dashes?

Old 10-01-2006, 10:14 PM
stovepipe
Rookie

luvmy98ram i like the colors on your truck. post some more pics of it so we can see it.

Old 10-02-2006, 12:37 AM
clk219th
Amateur

If I remember right, the shipping from JC Whitney was ridiculous. That's the reason I went with the Coverlay from the site I linked to above. The shipping from that site is free. And it's a great product to boot. Easy install. They send you the silicone adhesive and all you need are some heavy books or other weights to hold it down. Also try to do it in the shade; I had a little trouble the first day after the install because of the heat and sun. But after another couple of dabs and keeping it in the shade to dry, everything is great now. I have a couple of friends who are getting the same one for their dashes.

ORIGINAL: LuvMy98Ram

I don't want to start a battle either, lol. You have some good points, thanks. I want to get the best, cheapest deal I can get for sure! However, I think the one for $139.95 at Geno's that you're referring to is not an actual dash replacement...if you read it carefully, I believe it's another cover, just like with the Coverlay at JC Whitney...This is a quote on the Geno's product, "these COVERS fit '98 - '02 trucks." Anywho...I Know I just need to get that crack covered up...What's up with these dashes?

Old 10-02-2006, 12:58 AM
LuvMy98Ram

lol, thanks stovepipe! I'll try to get some pics posted later this week...just not sure where to do that at, I'm a newbie to Dodge Forum. I don't think this forum would be the right place for posting the pics, so I guess I need to put them in my own photo album or something?

Yeah, I've only had the truck for about 4 months, but I love the thing...I've always been a Chevy guy, until now. I had looked at a couple of Rams in the past, but never bought one - until now. Man, it's great...so much more room - feels like I'm driving a real truck now. It has a ton of miles, so I'm trying to take care of it as best as I can. I'm also trying to get the driver seat replaced...looks like these 2nd gen. Rams have defects in their dashes and seats, but I can live with that.

MOPAR!

Old 10-04-2006, 11:46 PM
AndersonVB

Need a replacement for the dash cover that goes over stereo, guages, etc..., anyone know where to find one cheap??

Quick Reply: new dash