2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

haha.. what a screwed up morning it was

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 04:51 AM
20dodgeram01
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default haha.. what a screwed up morning it was

well i put that body lift on last night.. along with the 35's.. looks pretty damn good if you ask me (will get pictures tomorrow).. well i took it out this morning, drove about 3 miles down the road, the i hear something metal rolling across the road?.. long and behold it was 5 little chrome lug nuts rolling into the ditch and here comes my wheel flopping around on my axle. going 40 down the road and seeing that ISNT a good sign. it turns out that tire hasnt been torqued down all the way that night because we were at it for 8 hours and it was 2am when we were done. so i stopped dead in the road, jacked it up, and luckily i had my old lug nuts still in the back of the truck along with a 4 way tire iron or i wouldof been screwed.. got it fixed and came straight home.. along with 5 or 6 stops in between to check the nuts all the way back.. that was a very scary experience for me and from here on out im going to be checking my lug nuts EVERY morning![&:]

Old 10-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Tani1500
Champion
Default RE: haha.. what a screwed up morning it was

hahaha thats funny, when i put the 35's and skyjacker lift on the same thing happened to me. my dumb *** friend forgot to tighten them down with the impact. i was driving i i heard this weird noise that i couldnt figure out wtf it was. it was the center cap spinning in the wheel. well i went around a corner and felt the tire shift to the side and it all became very clear to me what was wrong. lucky my friends house was right down the street so i crawled there but i made it. although i didnt loose any of my lugnuts

Old 10-01-2006, 01:47 PM
timwag2001
All Star

lol

when i was in 9th grad auto mechanics our english teacher dropped his car off for a brake job and we did the same thing to his front tires. except one of his wheels came completely off.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:38 PM
robert97dodge
Professional

I used to have a 97' dodge with 6" lift and 35" buckshot. One day I was going down the highway about 60MPH and my wheel fell of. The studs came out of the holes and the rotor slammed into the inside of the wheel and the truck bounced up and then when it came down the inner fender landed on top of the tire it bounced up again and next thing I know there goes my tires across a 4 lane highway and the rotor hits the ground and slides about 20feet. You talking about one hell of a ride and that **** hurt.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Ramdamit98
Captain

Well that'll wake a guy up in the morning. I had a tire shop not tighten the lugs on a car I owned. I was lucky though, it popped the hub cap off before I even left the parking lot so I didn't have to experience watching my wheel pass me down the highway.

Old 10-01-2006, 03:26 PM
20dodgeram01
Record Breaker

yeah i got lucky that the tire stayed on the drum brake.. if it didnt i wouldof been screwed.. but i got to the shop and tightened them all down and put lock tite on all of the nuts.. after that little incident i dont want to have go threw that again. also i need a new center cap now cause my old one got crush and crumbled like a piece of foil

Old 10-01-2006, 04:04 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

glad your ok. that could have been pretty dangerous...

Old 10-02-2006, 03:01 AM
Maintain
Rookie

I know you're taking the blame, but I was the one doing the tires. You were going to take the wratchet and do the other side and I was thinking "I need to do it so we don't get mixed up and not tighten them down correctly..."

Well, it worked in reverse order man when I got up and tightened the other side down first since you wanted to get outa there so bad... at least there were no injuries and everybody was happy... well besides your gf haha...

Old 10-02-2006, 03:05 AM
Tani1500
Champion

dude you dragged a ford boy in here, what the hells wrong with you [&:]

haha just kidding man

Old 10-02-2006, 03:41 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

^^^^ hehehe

yea thats pretty scary when that happens.. the tire incident is pretty scarry too hehehhe

when i was stationed down south my buddy owned an 01 ram .. had like 9 inches of lift and was running 40's on stock axles.. i know..he was an idiot.. but anyway.. the tires were on alum rims and he didnt tq them down at all either.. well going down rt 21 in beaufort sc heading out of town towards yemasie right past the airfeilds landing lights.. his 40 inch tall tire decided to go a different direction.. i loooked out the window and i see the big tire going away from us.. barly had time to think and then my side hit the ground turning the big truck into a friggen tri pod.. all and all.. the tire .. travling at 55mph .. hit a car.. went over the car and took a 9 ft chain link fenc..

wasnt fun

Quick Reply: haha.. what a screwed up morning it was