2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ordered new Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 05:51 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ordered new Tranny

Well after weeks of pricing new trucks I just said the hell with it and ordered a new custom built tranny from PATC, I had them put the best of everything in it including bands made of Brass impregnated carbon fiber. Hi- performance servo's, Alto red eagle clutches, Fairbanks transaction kit with converter charge in park modifications, overdrive modifications and the list goes on. Basically its just a Mopar case with custom made parts, i had them ditch everything that said Chrysler on it....lol Cost was 2600.00. Oh ya deep oilpan with drain plug was a must. I will also be building a new motor over the winter, not that I really need it, but I have a tendency to go overboard when I do fixxer up.

www.transmissioncenter.net/dodge.htm

Old 10-07-2006, 06:11 PM
silverram99
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ordered new Tranny

Damn.......sounds like you are going to have one hell of a bulletproof tranny. Did they give you an estimate on just how much power something like that should be able to handle? Also what are your plans for this new motor?

Old 10-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Terran
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a great price for bulletproof i'll totoally do that if the trans ever goes in my dodge.

Old 10-07-2006, 10:13 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good for 500 HP (gas) or higher w/different converter.......they had several options available, but this is my daily driver so its not like I take it to the track to turn et's. It took me a couple of days to put together the options I wanted and they were very helpful on explaining what they thought I would like. They have the only brass impregnated carbon fiber parts available for any Ram tranny, and when I upgraded all the bands it only ran me an additional $39.00........actual modified tranny was 2299.00 the rest was upgrades such as billet servo's...springs...gears... etc...etc.

Shipping was 40.00 to my fathers business

As for the motor, not planning on anything to radical, new block, maybe some dished pistons, HD heads with rollers, slight cam, modified beer barrel intake, gibson headers. Have alot of bolt ons now that will be complimented with a fresh motor, and I don't wanna have to flash my computer to accept any new configurations, or run higher octane gas. Any suggestions are appreciated, havent built a motor since I was kid

Quick Reply: Ordered new Tranny