2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Road vibrations (2000 Ram Sport)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 07:17 AM
_Cthulhu_
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road vibrations (2000 Ram Sport)

Comin' back to the forums to get some help.. lost my old user name..

Anyhow, my other 99 Ram burst into flames one evening... Literally.. Still no clue how that one happened.. Well insurance payed off pretty well..

I'm in a 2000 Ram Sport now and I wasn't having any problems with it until about a week ago. I started getting this pretty heavy vibration when driving. I took it in and had the wheels checked, rotated, balanced.. All that good stuff.. Still doing the vibrations..

What happens pretty much is whenever I turn to the left, the truck rumbles (on the right side), when I turn to the right, the vibration goes away. It's worst when the wheel is turned to the right. When it's centered, there a little bit of noise but nothing too loud.
The truck hasn't had any problems in controlability. Infact it still drives fine except for this weird vibration. Anyone have any ideas on what it could be, or atleast where I could look to atleast get some troubleshooting started? Also I doubt it's the wheels.. But I suppose it could be a mild possibility.

Old 10-15-2006, 07:28 AM
clutch492
Default RE: Road vibrations (2000 Ram Sport)

You are looking at replacing the Left Front Wheel bearing. It is a sealed bearing and hub assembly.

Old 10-15-2006, 07:33 AM
_Cthulhu_
Default RE: Road vibrations (2000 Ram Sport)

Thanks. I was just flippin through my mechanic's book and that's what I was about to come back and ask.

Quick Reply: Road vibrations (2000 Ram Sport)