2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

buying a used truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 03:50 PM
cjwr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying a used truck

I've found a used 1997 dodge ram 2500 with the 488 v-10 engine and auto trans near me. My question is, buying a truck "as is" what rights if any do i have? This is a used car dealer that is selling it, do they have to give me a few weeks with the truck to make sure that it works? or anything of that sort? I've never brought truck/car used before, so i don't really know how this all works. I live in New Jersey if that will matter. Thanks all, hope to be joining the ranks of the 2nd gen ram owners soon!

Old 10-17-2006, 05:27 PM
JarheadX
All Star
Default RE: buying a used truck

To me "as is" always sounds like they know something is wrong with it but they don't want to take the responsibilty to have to fix it when it goes wrong.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:24 PM
cjwr
Professional

ORIGINAL: JarheadX

To me "as is" always sounds like they know something is wrong with it but they don't want to take the responsibilty to have to fix it when it goes wrong.
well, every car on ebay is sold "as is" (unless it is new enough to still have a factory warenty on it).

Old 10-17-2006, 09:25 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 223 Likes on 208 Posts

not many people can tell what is going to happen to a car/truck in the future... good dealers will fix potential problems before they sell it. "as is" really means that if you bought it, any problem that goes wrong with it is your problem. Here in CA there are exceptions, those being safty issues. personally i'd stay away from the v10, if your heart is set on it, take it to a shop and get it inspected. that way you'll know what kind of shape its in.

Quick Reply: buying a used truck