2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

hello again all...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 09:49 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hello again all...

hello again everyone... its been quite a while since i have been here...sorry for neglecting all of you but i will try my best to make a come back lol

anyways i made a post on here quite a while ago that i still havent been able to resolve (thow i havent looked into it for a long time ither)

anyways here is the problem i have no backup lights the bulbs are good the wireing along the frame and into the all the rest of the wires is good yet it blowes the fuse whenever i put the truck in reverce now i mounted a set of backup lights on my headech rack so i just have been flicking them on when i need backup lights however it would be nice to have the stock ones working...

anyways here is a link to the origonal thred https://dodgeforum.com/m_410927/tm.htm

Old 11-04-2006, 11:50 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hello again all...

It has to be shorting out somewhere (I'm Mr. Obvious) Sucks to find out where. Rip the dash apart I'd say, its really easy on the 94-97s, 98-01 might be a bit harder.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:25 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

yah i know it has to be a short, just courieous of anyone else has had one somewhere ive taced all the wireing i can see/find ive had the dash off but to get to the back of the juncion box is a lot more work. im really considering to just re-wire it myself...find what wire gets power comeing out of the transmision then have it trigger a relay that goes to the backup lights...its really tempting

Old 11-05-2006, 12:51 PM
gfunkatoa
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suggest finding a spot as close to the dash to cut the wires to the back ups and see if it still blows the fuse. If it doesn't, then your problem isn't in the dash. I know you said you traced all the wires back to the dash but sometimes shorts, especially on a vehicle, can be very hard to see visually. Just a thought. good luck.

Old 11-05-2006, 05:33 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker

ive tryed that unfortnatually and no dice

Quick Reply: hello again all...