2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sport Headlight Mod Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 12:16 PM
k12allen
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport Headlight Mod Question

I just bought the 99-01 Sport model quad headlights for my 96 sport. Before planning installation, I looked at the threads and still have questions.

Both sockets use dual filament bulbs - 9004 and 9007 on each side. But the 2001 pdf manual (thanks again for that) seems to say one bulb is used for low and one for high - IOW, never are both headlights on each side lit. If I'm reading that right (far from certain), whatta waste!!! Does anybody know if the reflectors are OK for using both high filaments for high and both low for low? Will both provide good hi and good low beam patterns? I don't mean keeping low filaments lit when hi beams are on, but what about that too? Will the plastic housing melt? Or the socket?

My plan is to do fit the assemblies (needs a little sheet metal mod) then use my stock wiring connector to look at the light patterns of high and low from the 9004's and the 9007's and see if both reflectors give good patterns. But I know there are people here who have already done that and can tell me a lot.

Wiring is not a problem - can do that with relays to give any combo I want.

Allen

Quick Reply: Sport Headlight Mod Question