2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Weekend Carnage w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weekend Carnage w/pics

THis was a bad weekend for wheeling up here at MTU. Lots of bad carnage. Firstoff Friday night at 6 I get a call from a friend who drives a solid axle swap Bronco saying hes stuck out on one of the regular trials. Said his 35's were underwater. So after hearing that we make sure to load up extra good. Once we get there sure enough, 35's are pretty much underwater. So we hook up, he turns it on and puts it in reverse. After 2 tugs he hardly moves, then somebody notices his wheels aren't spinning. Something got messed up with his clutch, its stuck out. So after some REALLY big tugs we get him out without any hemp from his Bronco. Crawls under and everything looks fine. Lines are all connected, fluids good, try bleeding the clutch while laying in the mud and nothing. So at this point its about 35 degrees out and we figure we don't want to leave it over night. So we tug him backwards up this nasty train a mile, that was interesting. So carnage #1 seems to be a shot Slave Cylinder. Carnage #2 is the Scout II we went to get him with is over heating and has a small hole in the rad somehow, and a slightly bend tie rod, but still drivable fortunitially.

Carnage #3 happened Saturday. We just got home from some stuff and a friend who's the VP of the 4 wheels pulls up...barely... [&:] He had a rough day. While wheeling with the club he says he crested a hill and saw that is was a small revine/creek. So he stops to back up and as he stops, the Jeep starts slowly rolling sideways and its the revine. Fortunitially him and his gf were all right, but not so much for the Jeep. It tweaked the unibody pretty good and broke the windshield. Its still drivable but its more or less done for. The roof came down so far that it hit the head rest on the seat and actually reclined the seat a bit. They ended up lifting the roof back up a bit with a Hi Lift. Don't think he was screwing around or "hot doging" it either, he came over the hill slowly and just happened to start sliding.

Saturday night brought #4 when another XJ broke more crap at one time then I thought was even possible. Climbing up a rocky trail that gets pretty steep at the top the XJ broke the rear drivers side shaft. The only way to get it off the steep narrow trail was to put a come along on the wheel so the shaft didn't come out. (c-clip) Once they got it home they noticed that the D35 carrier is cracked, a motor mount is broke, AND the NP231 blew the chain THROUGH the case. Only pic I have is of the come along. So again, thats a rear axle shaft, cracked carrier, blown t-case, and a motor mount!

Hell of a weekend huh [&:]

Old 11-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: Weekend Carnage w/pics

DAMN .... that IS one helluva weekend !!

Glad to hear that YOU made it out OK though !!

Old 11-13-2006, 07:43 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

ford... jeep... jeep... dodge comes out on top once again!

glad no-one was hurt, sucks to have stuff break!

Old 11-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Yeah no carnage because I didn't take my truck anywhere this weekend I don't wheel it, it stays nice and I'm getting a Jeep to play with lol

Old 11-14-2006, 12:50 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

that is crazy. great pictures. bummer about all that tho, bunch of nice vehicles.

Old 11-14-2006, 07:15 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Yeah, the guy who flipped just got done swaping a manual into his. He also just ordered a bunch of parts for it. Has 6.5" lift right now, ordered an 8", and bought a HP D44 from a old Ford to get rid of that D30. Already put a D44 in that back. Really sucks but it will all swap over once he finds another. That kid wheeled the **** out of that Jeep and this is his first accident, other then broken parts ha.

Quick Reply: Weekend Carnage w/pics