2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Ram Owner, Couple Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 09:26 PM
BeachCrawler
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Ram Owner, Couple Questions

Go here and see post #10
https://dodgeforum.com/m_595901/tm.htm

I change my distributor, cap, plugs, and wires while I'm cleaning the throttle body. It gives me more run with the TB removed and covered intake with a plastic bag. To reach the distributor I place a blanket or carpet over the engine and climb on the bumper wioth me knees. Do not use all of your weight on the AC lines, etc but get where you can see. Take you time and it will be just fine. I use Mobil 1 10w30, Mobil 1 extended use filter, and change it every 5000 miles at the 5K mark (80K, 85K, 90K, etc). That way I can't forget. I use ATF+4 from Adavnce Auto or Mopar ATF+4 from Wal-mart whichever is cheaper.

Advance Auto Parts has a wedsite with videos on how to maintain a vehicle. You'll find all the basics there. They also have free handouts when you first enter the store. Autozone also has a wedsite with helpful tips but they do not have the videos.

Good luck and have fun...

Quick Reply: New Ram Owner, Couple Questions