2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stupid newbie question

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 08:01 PM
scarybaldguy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid newbie question

I was crawling around under my '95 1500, trying to find the source of an intermittent coolant leak, when I noticed this:

I know gorram well that I didn't bend the hardware like that, as I just got the truck last Wednesday. So, here's the stupid questions: since I don't go offroad and drive relatively gently, is this OK to leave as is, or should it be replaced immediately? If the latter, what parts should I expect to need?

Old 11-25-2006, 09:35 PM
jmoore1
Default RE: Stupid newbie question

holy crap!! My 99 2500 looks exactly the same on one side. I brought it to the dealership and they said they would try to "bend" it back. I did not have any spare money at the time to fix it or have them "bend" it back. That was 5 months ago. Still drives the same and looks the same. If you have the money I say fix it but if not leave it until you are forced to fix it!

Old 11-25-2006, 10:36 PM
scarybaldguy

I'd imagine that bending a sway bar would would require at least a bending brake, which I don't have. It would also cause metal fatigue.

I found the link kit at rockauto.com for about $20. Since I'm ridiculously **** about my vehicles, I'll probably go ahead and order it and see what happens.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:15 PM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I replaced my shocks last weekend ... I noticed both of my sway links looked like that (not quite as bad though). I'll probably wind up replacing them, too.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:21 PM
quadro
Rookie

I replced mine a short time ago, both looked worse than that. same on my brothers CTD. didn't change that much, new ones look close to that right after I did it. some other people I talked to said that was pretty much how they sat

Quick Reply: Stupid newbie question