2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No Heat

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 04:05 AM
Easttexasdragon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Heat

Ok guys
This is a puzzle to me. I had my Water pump replaced in the shop, Now I have no heat. Dont know if its a simple fix or what i'm calling the shop tomorrow to hash it out with them

Old 12-01-2006, 04:12 AM
1980blackfiveoh
Professional
Default RE: No Heat

sounds like it is low on antifreeze or there is a problem with your theromstat or maybe air in the system that needs to work its way out. I really doubt it is too serious.

Old 12-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Easttexasdragon

ORIGINAL: 1980blackfiveoh

sounds like it is low on antifreeze or there is a problem with your theromstat or maybe air in the system that needs to work its way out. I really doubt it is too serious.

The Water Pump was replaced a few weeks ago By a Repairman. The antifreeze was also changed, The Thermostat was changed and new hoses was added to the New water pump. I havent checked the water level yet, but will today. The Water Temp guage shows around 200 degrees when the engine is warmed up and seams to be working correct so I know that the Thermostat is working. The air thats coming out of the vents is warm but only in the recycle air mode. All other modes produce cold air. When you turn the temp control you can hear something change but the temp doesnt change. So as soon as the outside temp gets to 50 today I will check the water level Thanks for your input.

Old 12-01-2006, 07:56 PM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do the thermostats mount sideways on your engine? (I am not sure) If so there is a breather tit that needs to be mounted at the top in order for air to be displaced.

And it seems to happen more and more frequently but, new thermostats can be bad right out of the box. It's the easiest thing to check.

If your truck temp gauge stays on the low side, then more than likely it's stuck open. I've seen it happen.

One other thing, are any of the Dodge Rams water pumps reverse rotation?

Just some thoughts.

Good luck with your ride.

Old 12-02-2006, 02:58 AM
Easttexasdragon

I called the Repair shop, They told me it couldnt be our work, you need to check ......Blah Blah Blah. Ok I checked everything I could check. Antifreeze is fine, All hoses are connected, (no Leaks) All Vacuum hoses are sealed, all controls are working. What I did find was that one of the heater hoses was just warm after an hour of the engine running, The other Heater hose was HOT. So this tells me that the water isnt cycleing through the heater core. And Those hoses was replaced when they replaced the Water pump. So I'm taking the green machine back to the repair shop in the morning.

ORIGINAL: DieselDemon

Do the thermostats mount sideways on your engine? (I am not sure) If so there is a breather tit that needs to be mounted at the top in order for air to be displaced.

And it seems to happen more and more frequently but, new thermostats can be bad right out of the box. It's the easiest thing to check.

If your truck temp gauge stays on the low side, then more than likely it's stuck open. I've seen it happen.

One other thing, are any of the Dodge Rams water pumps reverse rotation?

Just some thoughts.

Good luck with your ride.
DieselDemon My thermostat is mounted in the front/top of the water pump facing the radiator. The Temp guage is working, after about 30 minutes of engine running the guage shows just a hair under 200.

Old 12-03-2006, 03:37 AM
Easttexasdragon

Took it back to the shop this morning because it is still blowing Luke warm air in Full Heater Mode. They tried to tell me it was all this other stuff that could be causing my problem, Bad Diaphragm, Bad Controller, Vacuum Leak, Heater Core Bad, etc. etc. etc. I kept telling them that I didn't have this problem until they changed out the water pump. Me and the Mechanic decided to try and flush the Heater Core. It was the correct thing to do, The water that came out was DARK BROWN and had globs of stuff in it. We let the water run through it till the water ran clear. Hooked everything back up and BOYS we have heat now.

Old 12-03-2006, 01:32 PM
podsy555

I am having the same problem how did you flush the heater core.
Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: No Heat