2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

the millionth oil question

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 05:29 PM
RamOwna
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the millionth oil question

so it's that time of the month for the truck, i was lookin at oil and i was noticing all the advertisements on the oils.. such *** "high mileage" "tough driving" "full synthetic" blah blah blah...

well here's the question, are they're actuall differences in the oils or are these just marketing strategies to attract customers to their product???

also, i have seen where some oils say "full synthetic" and some say "synthetic blend" is there a difference or is it all still considered synthetic???

I personally chose the "tough driving" formula by valvoline i believe, cold starts warm/hot weather, "synthetic blend" i believe too..

Old 12-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Mike Roma
Professional
Default RE: the millionth oil question

Yes, there is a difference.

There are "full synthetics", dino oil, and "blends" of the two. Interestingly, some "full synthetics" are made from dino oil. There is the base stock, and the additives that each company uses.

If you would like to search to your hearts content on this subject, click here:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/

Old 12-02-2006, 10:50 PM
RamOwna
Professional
Default RE: the millionth oil question

muchas gracias senior

Quick Reply: the millionth oil question