2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Odds n' Ends (things I've done, long read)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 07:44 PM
draftingmonkey
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odds n' Ends (things I've done, long read)

Well since I just yestarday finished installing my Fastman TB, which came in Thursday, thought I would share a little with everybody. On my quick run over to the post office to return the core I could feel a little bit quicker throttle response. Glad I got it in time for my holiday trip, SoCal to Vancouver B.C., over to Spokane, Wa for the holidays and then back down to SoCal. A 4000 plus mile trip so I should be able to see the real difference by the time I get back and compare trip #'s with previous excursions. Went with the 50mm as my truck was bought for trailer hauling and wanted to keep my low end torque up (per Dan's recommendation). The pictures I've included really show anyone who doesn't know what the differences are between stock TB's and Fastmans. I also included one of my Volant CAI, which really picks up cold air from out front next to the radiator. It all runs out thru a Flowmaster 40 with a Bullit tip at the tail pipe..

I also changed out my plugs to Champion Truck plugs, Napa HD plug wires, cap and rotor. Switched out the coil for an Accel as the stock coil kept my revs limited to 4000 rpm and now it redlines with no problem (only ran it up to see if it would). I know some folks have had problems with Accel but been using them for 30 years and never had any more problems with them than with any other coil I have tried.

Have the cracked dash like many others have had. Kept the window covered and everything but made no difference. Installed a Dashcover.com cover over the top of the original. While not a perfect fit, it is close enough so only I notice and a lot cheaper than a stock replacement. Will let you know how it hold up over time.

My Ram came with no wheel well liners on the rear so went to my dealer and bought some factory liners. Sure makes the rear wheel wells look neat and will hopefully keep the snow from filling the space between the bed and the outside fenders.

Need to finish the install of the power lock on the tailgate. Got one of those locks that tie into the power lock circuit so as to lock the tailgate along with the doors using the remote. Easy install but need to finish tweaking the wiring.

Weathertech window guards to keep the rain out. Fit in the window track and look very neat. Can't even tell they are there for the photo.

That pretty well cover it for now. Enough for now.

2001 Ram 2500HD LB Quad Cab SLT Heavy duty everything Trailer tow group Convenience group 4-wheel ABS Rear anti-spin diff
Special ordered so it is neat to see my name listed on the window sticker

Old 12-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Odds n' Ends (things I've done, long read)

looks great

Quick Reply: Odds n' Ends (things I've done, long read)