2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

front wheel bearing

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 12:57 AM
tonycowan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front wheel bearing

just subscribed to forum. i have a 95 ram 1500 2wd. how do i take the inner wheel bearing out of the hub or must i purchase a new hub. tks

Old 12-06-2006, 01:18 AM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: front wheel bearing

FRONT WHEEL BEARING
On models with tapered roller front wheel bearings, the bearings and races can be serviced when necessary. The bearing races do not require special tools for removal. The race can be removed with a long tapered brass drift. Race installation is performed with a bearing race driver set.

On vehicles with unit style hub bearings the unit is a bolted to the knuckle. 2500 and 3500 model vehicles with unit style hub bearing have the disc brake rotor pressed onto the unit with the wheel studs. The wheel studs must be pressed or driven out in order to separate the rotor from the hub bearing for replacement.

Old 12-06-2006, 07:31 PM
tonycowan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: front wheel bearing

thanks, i was able to push the bearing and grease seal out by tapping it lightly with a wooden dowel and hammer. it came right out. i just finished repacking the front left wheel. the bearings looked great. they had over 160,000 miles. i will start tomorrow on the right wheel.

Quick Reply: front wheel bearing