2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hey all. Yah Im new but have been a mopar NUT since birth

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 02:59 PM
nateblong
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey all. Yah Im new but have been a mopar NUT since birth

My first truck at age 16 was a 76 dodge clubcab powerwagon 4x4. heavily modified 73 360, purple cam, 750 holley double pumper carb, bored 40 over, keith black pistons, solid lifers, heavy duty valve springs, roller rockers, three on tree. 6 miles to the gallon...seriously..... My dad owned the truck and he had the engine work doneand had it repainted metalic brown. Black from the rockers down. Had white wagon wheels with goodyear wranglers. not sure what size but they looked good. Anyways since then I have owned a 72 Duster, 4 Daytonas, an 88,90,92, and my 91 I still drive regularly. owned an 80 CJ-7 Jeep and currently own a 2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade..............Anyhow what brings me here is my truck I bought last week. Its a red (paint code PR4) 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 quad cab SLT Laramine 5.9 360 4 spd auto (looked for a 5 spd forever but the few I found were trashed) brown interior, 285/75/16 BFG mud terrain tires, immaculate factory chrome rims. 2 3/4 inch true dual exhaust though flowmasters that are turned out behind rear wheels. (no converters) Its loud as hell. Ive had the truck a week and have done the following. Changed oil and filter using Mobil 1 Synthetic 10w30 (I swear by that oil and use it in every thing I have) new k&n drop in filter (the FIPK will have to wait till after christmas) replaced pcv valve and backflushed the cooling sytem replaced with prestone. next on my list is plugs wires cap and rotor and figuring out exactly were the play in the steering wheel is at,(notorious for rams) adjusting the bands on the tranny(fluid and filter was just changed) it also had an external cooler mounted in front of the air condtioner condenser. I need to figure out which tranny I got but couldnt find and #s on it. The tranfer case is model # 231D Any help that anyone could give me would be greaty apriceated. The VIN is 3B7HF13Z8YG155579 I also want to put synthtic oil in the rears and transfer case. I m just not sure what weight oil to use. I realize that some of these topics have probably already been covered, but im not having much luck with the search feature on this site. Thank alot...Nathan Long

Quick Reply: Hey all. Yah Im new but have been a mopar NUT since birth