2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need your input about my dashlights please

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 01:52 AM
GirlwARam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need your input about my dashlights please

Just last week I had my starter and wiper motor replaced in my 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4. Don't know if it's a coincedence or what, but now my dashlights don't work right. The 2nd day after I got my truck back I was driving down the road, turned my brights on and all my dashlights went out and wouldn't come back on. (My turn signals and cruise light work, though.) Sometimes the dashlight will come on when I use my remote start or when I turn my head and tail lights on but most of the time they will never come on now. And, yes, I've checked the fuses inside and under the hood of the truck. The dashlights also shut down as soon as I hit my break to switch gears after I start my truck. I took it back to the dealership to have them take a look at it. They said the problem is in the wiring between the battery and headlamp switch. But they won't look further unless I pay $100 an hour in labor charges or if they decide they caused the problem they will pay for it. Someone else told me she had the same problem with a dodge ram she had and the truck caught on fire---it started in the wiring. If anyone has suggestions, please tell me asap. This is getting very frustrating after one week without being able to see my guages in the dark.

[IMG]local://upfiles/51357/6006344B642C4295B99BC2F170646DA2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/51357/635BA3692F9D4EEAB53654D5FE7CECDD.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Need your input about my dashlights please