2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Front end

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 04:28 PM
hippie49445
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end

Ok fellas the truck is parked for now. I still have yet to fix the front end that I messed up a couple of months ago. I am looking for opinions now on the fix. Right now I am thinking I am going to have to replace just about everything, axles gears, and wheel bearings. The grinding in the front end makes your skin crawl, the last time I drove it was about a month ago, when I parked it there was gear oil everywhere. It looks like it was coming out what I think are the vent hoses. What am I going to get my self into and what is the best aftermarket parts out there? Also of thinking of installing Detroit lockers or something like that? I have also tossed around the idea of just going to 1 ton axles but not sure of how the change over would be? Any opinions or help would be appreciated.

Old 12-22-2006, 12:54 AM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Front end

There's guys on Pavementsucks and Pirate4x4 that can give you info on the axle swap. It sounds like you have a LOT of stuff to replace so it might be the right way to go. Before you go asking on there though, you need to provide more detail on what you have and what you want cause it's pretty wide open without that detail.

Quick Reply: Front end