2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

leaking transmission coolant lines

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 06:52 PM
buktruk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leaking transmission coolant lines

Somehow I sprung a leak in transmision line on my ram quad 360about a foot away from the fittings.Is this line too high pressure just to cut the line at leak and splice with a small piece of hose and clamps.Of course it would be better to replace whole line but it leaks so bad I am afraid to drive and surely shouldnt as it is spewing all over the drive.The lines were in good shape(were)They look like they are stainless.The spot where it is leaking is an easy access but would it just squirt away if I splice long enough to drive to town to find proper new line.

Old 12-27-2006, 07:48 PM
jasont415
Default RE: leaking transmission coolant lines

Your fine to cut the lines and splice a piece of hose in just make sure the hose you get will hold up and use good clamps. The other day mine had a leak and i just cut them and ran hose to the cooler. And if you do this right, you wont need to replace with new lines.

Old 12-27-2006, 08:05 PM
quadro
Rookie

i used two clamps at each connection just to be safe, hasen't leaked in 2 years. Just make sure you get some good quality hose

Old 12-27-2006, 10:24 PM
buktruk

Thanks guys this will help me get it back on road and if I check for leaks periodically after fixing I will be reasured to much fluid does not leak and cause more damage.I had my tranny in my old 85 dodge rebuilt.I checked the radiator to make sure the lines were not blocked.After finding them ok I hooked up rebuilt tranny but the fluid burnt up 2 weeks later and when I rechecked linesin radiator they were clogged again with crud.I just do not want to take chance flued loss will hurt the tranny in this truck.
Thanks
Gary

Quick Reply: leaking transmission coolant lines