2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electric Fan Conversion questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Bigwhite2500
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Fan Conversion questions

I read many of the posts on the electric fan conversion. I am wondering where you put the temperature sensor that activates the fan. I found that e-fan conversions are popular with early Mustangs. At least one guy over there found a replacment thermostat neck with pie plug you can use for a temp sensor. This would seem to be the best spot for it. Anything like that exist for dodge trucks? (Maybe there is already a plug in the housing ? I havnt torn it down yet). I am going in to replace my Tstate with a 180 degree unit next week and if that kind of thing is available it would be the perfect time to set it up.

Second question is about fan size / cooling capacity - Ive read that some guys here are using dual 16" fans. Is there a consensus about how much fan is required? I was looking at the 18" Lincoln fan - just not sure if its big enough. I live in CT so we dont get baked like AZ, TX or FL, but it does get hot on occasion.
Tom 98 2500 5.9V8.

Old 01-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Ram1500Dodge
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric Fan Conversion questions

i know that my 2 12 inch fans barely keep it cool so i will be changing them out for the daul fan setup off of a ford windstar...as far as the thermostat...any auto parts store has a electronic control with a probe that senses the temp and allows you to judge when to turn it on.

Quick Reply: Electric Fan Conversion questions