2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just a few things ...want opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 07:00 PM
ramchrgr88
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a few things ...want opinions

Ok, just got off the phone with the tech guy at the Dodge dealership. Found out my plenum is shot. Thats why its been struggling up hills and off the line. Do you think replacing this will be that noticable in terms of power, will my "butt dyno" feel it??

Also, the reason I brought it in was because of some bad vibrations over bumps while driving. All 3 tie-rods (left front, right front, and pitman arm) need to be replaced because they are at the point of being unsafe. Also the track bar needs to be replaced because somehow it broke...Has anyone else had either of the problems, and why the heck would these parts wear out so quickly?

Then I'm having my gasket between the tranny and transfer case replaced, aparently there is minimal oil left in the transfer case, thankfully I do not need 4x4 right now since the weather is cooperating.

Lastly, my serpentine belt and belt tensioner need to be replaced, which I knew, and I wanted to have done.

I know the dealerships are expensive, but I saw most of this coming, and would prefer to have it done by Dodge themselves. I want to be safe. But has anyone else had similar problems. I only have 96,xxx on the odometer.

PS. I just got a superchips programmer for my truck for a sweet $75 from a guy who I will run the trails with. He just got a gorgeous '04 CTD 2500. So I will update you guys when I get my truck back on how works with my mods (listed in the sig). I dont have my truck until next wednesday....I'm so sad

Old 01-12-2007, 08:19 PM
zique
Captain
Default RE: Just a few things ...want opinions

How on earth did you 'break' your track bar? Do you just mean worn out?

Old 01-13-2007, 04:41 AM
JarheadX
All Star

Do you think replacing this will be that noticable in terms of power, will my "butt dyno" feel it??

yes, i think you will notice it, and replacing the belt and pulley will be a snap, i just replaced all my pulleys, i got a new belt (that bypasses my ac compressor) and put in a new water pump. Its all easy.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jarhead, was that an underdrive pully set you put in or just stock sized ones? I'm wondering if the underdrive pulleys have any negative effects on cooling and charging systems as well as any hp gains. - thanks

Old 01-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Plenum I can see, tie rods probably, and doubt theres a broken trac bar. Crawl under and take a look at it, wiggle it, if its broke you'll be able to tell.

Hurts to see people going to the dealer. You could do all that work yourself in 1 weekend for probably $350 and the dealer probably wants $1350. You could buy every tool you'd ever need for that $1000 you'll be giving the dealer [&:]

Old 01-14-2007, 10:11 PM
JarheadX
All Star

i replaced with oem sized pulleys, and just bypassed my a/c. I noticed a more responsive gain and my gas mileage increased.

Quick Reply: Just a few things ...want opinions