DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech-64/)
-   -   Seatbelt Light Stays On (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/89659-seatbelt-light-stays-on.html)

20dodgeram01 03-01-2007 10:03 PM

RE: Seatbelt Light Stays On

yup if that plug is unplugged.. it'll stay on

whiteram00 03-02-2007 05:02 AM

quick fix,if it comes back on again, get a strip of black tape an apply to light in dash or take the light out j/k i do know when its really cold out my dome light switch in the door freezes an when i open my door the lights dont come on till i wiggle it loose cold wether might have a factor in it

habeba86 03-02-2007 05:35 AM

I never even noticed a seatbelt light in mine:D

lab4x4 07-20-2008 06:33 PM

i just bought an 04 1500 crew cab 5.7 hemi and the seat belt light has been on since i bought it im planning to go out of town with it so i'm gona get it checked out , but i tried unpluging the wires under the seat and the light and alarm still stayed on and its p#%^ing me off

krs7272 07-20-2008 11:46 PM

Mine is due to something in the buckle not always syncing. As it comes on goes off all day long if you push on it or wiggle the seatbelt it will go off. Before my warranty ran out when I had it in the dealer and didnt seenm to want to fix it because the seatbelt was in fine operational working order.

I'm about to just pull the bulb I know when my belts on.

johnnyrocket5363 07-21-2008 05:32 PM

Mine is driving me crazy, too. I figured out how the switch works, and reworked it to start off circiut closed and pulling the belt opened the circuit, and starting off circuit open and pulling the belt closing the circuit.... I finally did the tape thing...

JRRamirez 02-16-2015 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by MagnumVP (Post 666893)
99 Dodge Ram Quad Cab

For 3 days now the Seat Belt Light stays on all the time. I have checked the fuse and everything looks good. Have played with the seatbelt itself by just plugging it in and unplugging it. Done the same thing to the passenger side.. just in case.

What else could be the issue? Nothing else seems to be effected.

Not sure if this matters, but it has been 20 degrees recently at night and even freezes water left inside. This occured after the 3rd day of the freeze.[/align]

I own a 2005 dodge Dakota magnum with the same stupid problem one day it just started ringing even though I was buckled up all I did to fix it was follow the wiring from the buckle to the harness unplugged the harness and stuck a staple in it one end on each of the holes and taped it in place it acts as if you're buckled up all the time easy fix just rig it

JRRamirez 02-16-2015 07:06 PM

problem solved

Originally Posted by MagnumVP (Post 666893)
99 Dodge Ram Quad Cab

For 3 days now the Seat Belt Light stays on all the time. I have checked the fuse and everything looks good. Have played with the seatbelt itself by just plugging it in and unplugging it. Done the same thing to the passenger side.. just in case.

What else could be the issue? Nothing else seems to be effected.

Not sure if this matters, but it has been 20 degrees recently at night and even freezes water left inside. This occured after the 3rd day of the freeze.[/align]

I own a 2005 dodge Dakota magnum with the same stupid problem one day it just started ringing even though I was buckled up all I did to fix it was follow the wiring from the buckle to the harness unplugged the harness and stuck a staple in it one end on each of the holes and taped it in place it acts as if you're buckled up all the time easy fix just rig it

HeyYou 02-16-2015 07:16 PM

Seven year old thread?

dean98ram1500 02-17-2015 02:26 PM

I've got a similair dilemma, but I had switch the seats with seats from a 2001, but were the same seats, no power or heat or anything, and had different connections, ever since I swapped them the seatbelt light is on.