2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

give it back or not

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 12:53 AM
rango726
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default give it back or not

well after buying my 2500 ram 3 months ago and having nothing but trouble the dealer is sending my truck to dodge for a new pcm. but then i got a call from the salesmen who said he saw my truck there again and couldnt believe it. then he asked me if i was interested in giving the truck back for another since ive had so much trouble. he said he wants to make it right for me.well i looked through there inventory and they have another ram 02 2500.maroon with 30,000 miles thats real low but it makes me very weary because mine was the same lowmileage really low price. anyways theyve done all this work to my truck but i really think i should take advantage of this offer. but all they have are chevys which i dont like,gms are out of myprice range,and an 01 superduty with 75,000. i love my ford trucks but will never buy another f150 ever.but thesuperdutys are great trucks. but i think dodge gives more truck for the money and i love my ram even though its given me hell. i dont know what to do. any inputwill be a big help thanks

Old 02-01-2007, 02:20 AM
timwag2001
All Star
Default RE: give it back or not

ask if you can wait to see how your truck is when it comes back. maybe they'll have it all squared away. everything on the truck cant be broken... well, i hope not.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:21 AM
Dodge4x4810
Veteran

You could give it back, or you could keep your truck and look up the Lemon Law. I had trouble with the plenum and a misfire and the guy at the dealership was a complete *******...avoiding phone calls, not responding back, and such. So eventually i drove it there (30 mins away) and just left it there until he fixed it. Basically he got what was coming to him because he had the plenum fixed at the dodge dealership (which i imainge was very expensive) and the misfire he brought it to an engine builder (which also must have been expensive). I'm guessing this guy probably had to spend over $1000 for the repairs. Anyways...the guy you bought it from seems like a straight up guy, unfortunately the guy i bought mine from was not. Although, your guy could also be an ******* and just put your truck right back on the lot for someone else to deal with, if you trade it for another.

Old 02-01-2007, 04:46 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

I think lemon laws only apply if the dealer wont work with you and in this case it seems like they will.....I would take the less milage vehicle.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:16 PM
landarch96
Rookie

Low mileage, good condition, low price. Sounds too good to be true. Make sure you run a VIN and title check on it. Wrecked, salvaged, Katrina flood, etc.?

I'm not saying it can't be a perfectly good vehicle if its been reconditioned . I'm just saying know what your getting into since the risks are higher.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:33 PM
rango726
Professional

well i went to the dealer today and they didnt have anything that interested me and the whole situation pissed me off but i dont need to get into that anyways i decided to keep my truck they are warrantying the truck for another 3 months but just the stuff i have had issues with they also offered me an aftermarket warranty for cost $1025 just to keep me happy. and my truck should be back tomorrow.i guess ill see how it goes.and the dealer has been pretty good but they are still running from some of my questions which is typical and they pull crap like well why do you need a 4x4 ?? i live in new england dumb ***.so they still pull typical salesman crap but they have been very good. they told me they made $1000 of my truck when i bought it and they showed me my repair bills parts only and it was $3500 and thats not including the pcm.but im keeping my fingers crossed

Quick Reply: give it back or not