2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Hardcore LS1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Problem

Hey guys, I saw this question on another board I am a member of and I thought I would post his question on here since afterall it is the Ram forum.

so... the ol lady has this Ram (1500 5.9L), which at first seemed to have a bad battery... changed the battery and it was fine for a while, then started giving trouble again. I found it strange becasue the alt. is charging, and the Batt. is good... so I went outside just now and turned the key... nothing, then again and again, there was power, and the gauge showed good power... then all of a sudden starts right up... makes me think it's a ground problem or a starter... any thoughts???

Old 02-04-2007, 11:23 PM
radwebster
Captain
Default RE: Electrical Problem

try playing with the battery terminals while having someone try to start it. my stock ones sucked and sit on the battery post in such a way that it wouldn't get enough juice to start, but sometimes it would fire right up.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:27 PM
mattyge
Veteran

check the ground on the starter, kinda a pain to get to but when my starter went the ground was completely rotted through which contributed to my starting problems

Old 02-05-2007, 02:17 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Yep....check all alt and battery connections...

Quick Reply: Electrical Problem