2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

46RE transmission questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 02:11 PM
RamMan4x4
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 46RE transmission questions

I was reading on this forum about the TCI deep transmission pans and from what I read they seem to be the way to go. When I was looking at summit they have two listings, TCI-128001($170) and TCI-128005($209). Now, I may or may not buy from here but according to the site the more expensive pan holds less quarts. Can someone who has purchased one of these tell me what they think?

Whenever I do get one I would like to re-use the magnet from the stock pan but seeing as this one is aluminum, is there anything wrong with JB welding the magnet to the bottom of the pan? I know this pan has a magnetic drain plug but I also read that it was a bit small and has broken off on at least one user (before pan installation)

Finally I would like to install a transmission temp gauge, where can I find a good kit or is there a kitavailable? Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:25 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 46RE transmission questions

The two quart pan will give you just a tad extra capacity on a 46e. You would want a 4 quart pan if you want more fluid. The TCI-128005 is black wrinkle finished, thats why its pricier.

I've used a B&M guage in a couple different rides and the truck has one. If you install it in the line up by the radiator, you'll need to ground it two the chassis. The kit comes with almost everything except hookup wire and you may need a couple of extra electrical connectors.

Quick Reply: 46RE transmission questions