2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

seat problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 02:09 PM
red98ram
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat problems

i got 98 ram and sent it to the show to get it checked out because the battry kept dien they said it was the wires that hook to the seats that was drawing power, so now the battry stays charged butt the seatbelts dont pull out they move like a half inch and click like when ur on the brake, i plugged the wire in and they work but the battry dies and its not easyenough to just reach under every time u drive it to plug the wires in...
so any comments? anyone experienced this problem before?

Old 02-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Ram1500Dodge
Veteran
Default RE: seat problems

is moving your seat something you do everytime you get in and out of the truck...ive adjusted my seat maybe three times in the past year...on another note....check the actual switchs for the seat....yes there is a constant power to the seats...but the power should not be applied unless a switch is being activated inturn drawin and using the power

Old 02-10-2007, 04:47 PM
red98ram
Professional

no, the seats move fine when this is unplugged but the seatblets donot work unless its plugged in, it dont controll the power seats...because there is 2 dif plugs for the drivers seat and the other one is the one that contorlls movement, this one just makes it so u cant use the seat belt but it is drawing current when the truck is off

Old 02-11-2007, 03:25 PM
red98ram
Professional

someone must know somthing about this

P
M
U
B

Old 02-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Ram1500Dodge
Veteran

just a question, but are you holding the brake when tryin to put your seat belt on...i know my seat belt wont come out if im pressing the brake pedal....do youhave a multi-meter, if so, start checkin for voltage, see if the wires that have voltage should have voltage

Old 05-12-2007, 10:48 PM
KingFisher

Did you find out the problem with the seatbelts. I have same problem. Dealer tested it and said it was the seatbelt solenoids, both seats. Now I just need to find them and get some from the junkyard because the
dealer wants $550 to replace them both. Right now I'm unplugging the negative on my battery each time I park the truck. I'm going to look in the seats themselves because they click when I plug up the battery.[X(]

Quick Reply: seat problems