2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

which plug wires to use

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 08:27 PM
bigbill7501
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which plug wires to use

hey guys and gals just want to know which plug wires to use bought the 3923 autolite plugs and the mopar performance cap and rotor now i need plug wires that i can buy at the local parts store i also got the 180 themostat putting that in tonight THANX

Old 02-15-2007, 12:31 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: which plug wires to use

accel maybe at the local auto parts... wires that are 8.0 mm or 8.5 mm is a good wire .. Good luck.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:51 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used MSD and other than my stupidity for ordering the kit Summit listed which was apparently for non magnum engines I like them. I made them work and they are working fine. My understanding is that if you get the right set though they fit a lot easier. I also had to have MSD make me a coil wire which they did and sent out for free since the one in the kit was like a foot long and being that Summit said it should work on my truck. I'd probably go with MSD again or Taylor Thundervolt. I run those on my Honda and am extremely happy with them.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:48 PM
zique
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I remember reading on here that anything over 8mm is pointless w/o a coil upgrade. I've used Taylor wires before and could vouch for a solid product coming from them.

Quick Reply: which plug wires to use