2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fuel gauge sending unit??

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 08:56 PM
uphere
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel gauge sending unit??

my fuel gauge has been reading incorrectley the past few months. i ordered a new sending unit for it. has anyone done this before or know how to replace it??

Old 02-16-2007, 11:01 PM
Idolmaker66
Default RE: fuel gauge sending unit??

I found alot of info all along these forums for this subject. This is very easy to do. The location of my sensor was on top of the rear wheel axle, on the pumkin. Geting the old one out was tricky, it was sorta frozen to the metal. When I pulled mine out a piece was still stuck to the side, which I had to get a bent needle nose pair of pliers and get it. after that it took about 3 minutes to put the new one in, screw back the connecting plate and it was done...Good luck.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:15 PM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=signs006.gif] ... that's the Rear Wheel Speed Sensor ... I believe the sending unit for the gas gauge is in the tank ... part of the pump assembly.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:15 PM
livinginh
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Idolmaker66

I found alot of info all along these forums for this subject. This is very easy to do. The location of my sensor was on top of the rear wheel axle, on the pumkin. Geting the old one out was tricky, it was sorta frozen to the metal. When I pulled mine out a piece was still stuck to the side, which I had to get a bent needle nose pair of pliers and get it. after that it took about 3 minutes to put the new one in, screw back the connecting plate and it was done...Good luck.
For the fuel sensor???? I think you are thinking of the speed sensor.

Quick Reply: fuel gauge sending unit??