2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Upper dash removal.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 06:14 PM
M_Shepherd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upper dash removal.

I just bought a 00 Ram 1500 and the upper dash is cracked in multiple places. I told the dealership that I would install it if they would buy the replacement. Now I need to know if there is anything special I need to know before attempting to remove the old one.

Just by looking, there doesnt appear to be anything to it, but a step by step guide would be nice if anyone knows where I can download one.

Thanks

Old 03-02-2007, 07:28 PM
dmdenike
Professional
Default RE: Upper dash removal.

what i would do first is remove the front dash...take out the two scres located in the cup holder and ash tray...then the fron dash should pop out....now that its out of the way you'll see i think its 4 or 6 screws up towards the windsheild....just unscrew them adn your good to go.....out with the old and in with the new.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If your truck is late '99 or newer, there are no screws needed to remove the front dash trim. It just pops off. I have had mine off tons of times. Then you will see all the screws you need to undo to remove the top dash.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:50 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

i think hes talking about the top of the dash, not the front....the top has the obvious screws and bolts, but theres also some on the inside of the passenger side taht it looks like you have to get to through removing the glove box. gl

Old 03-03-2007, 02:41 AM
dodge_man_87

yeah, u will find out that there are a lot of hiden screws. i had to take my dash out when i put LEDS in the vents and when i put my stereo system in. the best thing to do if you havent done it before is to just go out and buy a haines or chiltons manual. they show step by step operations for every thing on the truck

Quick Reply: Upper dash removal.