2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Warning, VOLANT CAI

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 03:36 AM
Rusty Nurf Bar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning, VOLANT CAI

So I got this baby in the other day and it is one nice solid looking piece of work, however it does not even fit around the throttle body, when you take off the factory air intake you'll notice on your TB there are four metal studs or whatever that stick up that has a rubber ring around it well the base of the volant CAI that fits to the TB is to small and even when i stack the factory rubber seal and the volant rubber seal (which by the way is to big in diameter) it still wouldnt seat properly so I have 2 options I can bitch and moan to the manufacturer or I can mill it out with my dremel.....I cant decide which but the saying " you get what you pay for" isnt always true this piece of **** cost 253.00$

[IMG]local://upfiles/49972/CBC8400BA72F476AA2553680E79D2352.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/49972/F0D46AC7B4294124B927FA9DD2518772.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-03-2007, 03:38 AM
JarheadX
All Star
Default RE: Warning, VOLANT CAI

man that sucks bro, for that amount of money you coulda got a better intake, that one seems like that 25 dollar ebay one

Old 03-07-2007, 12:00 AM
bbsilver

Rusty,
I just installed the same intake two weeks ago. I had the same problem. It was a real tightfit, but I eventually got it. Loosen the knurled nut and one of the hose clamps holding the rubber coupler. Pull toward the intake part toward the gap while pushing down at that gap location. It will snap into place. Before you release pressure from the top of the intake, tighen the knurled nut until you compress the gasket. Tighen the hose clamp back up. That should be it. I have no air leaks and it sounds pretty throaty (also have the scoop). No MPG increase, but my butt dyno says about 20hp...

I'll get pics up tonight.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:13 AM
motox851
Rookie

If you got a riser from Autozone for $10 bucks, that would fix the problem.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:25 AM
Rusty Nurf Bar

OK can any one say ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKIE BIATCH! cause thats what I am so yea totally just when in there and hammered down the sonaofbiiiiiitt*@ with a hammer and its completely sealed.....I miss the hiss it made when you reved it up tho : ( it sounded like a cut off valve for turbo so now I have to redo all my MPG calculations because not only was my CAI not sela properly but my tired were at 35 psi from the last time I went wheelin....so now that there back at 50psi and everything is in order i'll post any results and aloooooot of picture sof my truck the weather finaly broke from 30's to 60 today and next week in the 70's HELL YEA already got some great pics and I'll have them all up soon

Quick Reply: Warning, VOLANT CAI