2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

just got a RAM, got a couple of ques????

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 02:35 AM
LIL NOVE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got a RAM, got a couple of ques????

whats up fellas?? just got a 95 RAM 1500 4x4 5.9, tow pkg w/3.55, has about 93,000 miles & about 2k on a new tranny. i was gonna ques the 200 degrees, but its looks like u guys have changed to a 180 thermostat, any suggestions on brand? what are some other upgrades & downside on these trucks??? i saw most of u guys are runnin the K&N, are any of u guys runnin gibson exhaust? i bought it mainly to go to the snow, play in the mud & occasionally tow my race car to the track. i think i made a great purchase, so all of ur input would be great.

THANKS,
JOHN

Old 03-13-2007, 02:46 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: just got a RAM, got a couple of ques????

well congrats on the new truck and i would reccomend the mopar performance circle filter over the k and n its much cheaper search for the thread fipk no more to find out more about that. Also the thermostat brand shouldnt matter to my knowledge and i run flowmasters not gibson but i know kids who run gibson and like it

Old 03-13-2007, 02:41 PM
LIL NOVE

right on!! any other suggestions.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

Fastman throttle body from thefastman.com.... sweet!!!

Old 03-13-2007, 06:49 PM
LIL NOVE

where can i find that circle filter? been searchin around, & i give up or more like i have no time. can u chips these yrs & just use the programmer & which one, if there are other ones. also is there anything out there like EGDE performance, that will monitor the truck, mainly want to monitor tranny temp when im towing, i guess i can use a temp gauge & put a bung on the tranny pan. well thanks for all suggestions, hopefully more input will be cummin!!!

one more thing fellas, im in Cali so most of these upgrades have to be 50 state legal....

JOHN

Old 03-13-2007, 07:09 PM
red98ram
Professional

uhh i herd the chips dont work well but the hypertech programmer is good, you can ushally find the round airfilther on ebay.. it dont have to be mopar brand it can be k&n or mr.gasket or a off the wall, im pretty sure summet racing sells the mopar one for around 80$ but i once found a mr.gasket chrome one for 20$ shipped

Quick Reply: just got a RAM, got a couple of ques????