2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Im a little lost here, help me decide

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 05:10 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im a little lost here, help me decide

I keep going back and forth on what i want to do for a first real mod. Now that indy's suspension and brakes are in good shape, I want to start getting the go fast goodies. My first thought is an MSD 6AL and blaster coil, but then i think a cam would be a good option. Rockers are a possibility too, but nothing as expensive as heads. I want to put some money into the truck, but i know ill never get back from the truck the kind of $ i would spend on heads. Basicly i just want to do the tranny and beef up the motor a tad. high 14s would be nice to get to. Im at 16.004 now. whats your oppinion.

Old 03-25-2007, 05:24 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Im a little lost here, help me decide

When it comes to mods like heads, cams, etc.-just doing one is not going to help a whole lot. The mods have to work together. If you're going to do a cam then you'll need an intake and heads to optimize it, and so on. If you are looking for one thing to get some quick hp, then get your pcm flashed. Then again if you are considering big mods down the road, then you should wait until then to flash it, although B&G will give you a price break second time around. You could also consider a 52mm tb.

Quick Reply: Im a little lost here, help me decide