2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Heat shield??

Old 03-25-2009, 03:52 AM
GoneLikeThaGreen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat shield??

I'm trying to find out where i can get a new heat shield that goes between the motor mount and manifold on the driver side. or has anyone one tryed taking out all together if yes how long have you had it out and will it melt the motor mount or anything else. the one on it now wont stop bending back and rattling thank in advance for your help

Old 03-25-2009, 04:18 AM
jagass
Professional

I want to ask this question too...Some help here please...

Old 03-25-2009, 11:55 AM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My logical response is, Dodge isn't gonna spend more money then they have to. The belly pan, for example, craps out pretty soon. they just cared that it works when it left the factory. So with that being said, I really think you need that heat shield on that mount. I thinks that will either be a bone yard part or dealer...I mean stealership part, not sure though. It never hurts to ask Napa or Kragen.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:46 PM
GoneLikeThaGreen

Ok I went to the dealer today and got it ordered it was $26 hopefully its the right one the pic he showed didnt match but he said thats probably because its a generic pic for all models. but they will refund with no re stocking fees if its the wrong one alright thank for the help and keep on truckin

Old 03-25-2009, 07:51 PM
GoneLikeThaGreen

Don't go to the junk yard for this its going to be too flexible and warn out you'll have the same rattling problem with it the only place to get it is the dealer trust i spent hrs going to auto stores searching internet

Old 03-25-2009, 08:41 PM
ophidia
Captain

This is one of the few "common issues" my truck hasn't had yet. Since I'm sure it's coming next, thanks for the tip on sourcing the part :P

Old 04-06-2009, 02:12 AM
GoneLikeThaGreen

I got one that is supose to be the one but its not shaped the same they said they may have changed the design to provent this problem from occuring again. So once i try installing it I will let you guys know if it fits

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heat shield??