2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Good custom stereo idea

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 01:17 AM
GoneLikeThaGreen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good custom stereo idea

First go look at my pictures of it on my myspace http://www.myspace.com/shaunresemius Then if your intrested in what it involves and the specs. of it read the following post

Old 04-06-2009, 01:18 AM
GoneLikeThaGreen

Ok so as far as my stereo system I put a lot of thought into it before i dove into it. so i started with the deck at about $150 installed at best buy for free then i wanted to take up as little space as possible with the sub set up and i dont need to win any competions so i went with a custom 10" enclosure that i found on internet $70 approxmetly had to cut carpet out from beneath it so it would bolt down tight and clear seat. Next the sub they said would fit didnt cause the magnet was to big so I found one that fit and was a better sub anways a 10" Kicker comp. vr $120. Next the hardest part of all mounting the amp on the bottom of the seat holy it sucked but defintly worth it k so there is only a metal bar at top and bottom when seat is tipped up so I cut a slit at the bottom and constructed a piece of wood with metal brackets at top and bottom shoved the top up in between bar and front side of carpet and screwed bottom bracket to the bottom bar sewed seat back up back heavy duty thread and a c shaped needle mounted 400 watt Niche audio amp about $200 and ran wires nice, mounted remote gain for it on dash under deck wires hidden also. Wiring kit for amp $50. Recently added a 1 farad rockford fasgate capacitor $150. Easiest and best spot was to mount it on floor under amp make sure to leave about a 1/2 to 1 inch of extra space between amp and cap so when the seat is down with someone sitting on it, it wont touch and i found the best way to mount it was by making 2 small holes in carpet only near each mounting screw hole cause i could not find srews small enough and long enough to make it to the metal so i used black zip ties (use small alan wrench to move insulation and make clear path to get ties through) Mounted new cerwin vega 6x9's $150 in front doors (there will be a thing attached to factory speakers with quite a few wires going in and out i un bolted it from speaker and kept it hooked up used same wires to go to speaker and zip tie the wierd thing inside door torwards front end on some heavy duty wires so not to rattle or get in way of window track) Rear doors 5 1/4 infinty refrences $70 simple enough you may want to add some bass blockers close to the speakers in doors i didnt but if your going to do it the first time those door panels arent fun to play with i wish i would have because i think the new speakers are already partially blown. so thats kenwood deck $150, Custom 10" box $70, 10" Kicker comp. vr $120, 400 watt Niche audio amp $200, Wiring kit for amp $50, 1 farad rockford fasgate capacitor $150, cerwin vega 6x9's $150, 5 1/4 infinty refrences $70. Total $960 Go check the pic out on my myspace http://www.myspace.com/shaunresemius any other question just ask but i think i covered it all hope this helps you guys out with upgrade your stereos

Old 04-06-2009, 01:52 PM
GoneLikeThaGreen

Let me know what you think

Old 04-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Viper37
Banned

Who makes that sub box?

Last edited by Viper37; 04-06-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:07 PM
GoneLikeThaGreen

Heres the link to the site where i bought it, its made by audio enhancers but you cant by direct only 2 sites i found it on and this 1 was the cheapest http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...id/0/SFV/30046

Old 04-08-2009, 01:28 AM
GoneLikeThaGreen

Keep this at the top of thread list

Quick Reply: Good custom stereo idea