2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help indentify this please!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 10:43 PM
rgtsmm01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help indentify this please!!!!

I am trying to do the 1st to @nd shift issue replacement of parts to my mothers 2001 ram 1500 4x4 quad cab. Upon pulling the pan loose...I find this in the pan along with a bunch of what appears to look like an artichoke center of metal around the magnet built into the pan bottom,
the truck starts, drives, runs fine in first and reverse.... has NO check ngine lights on!!! and I purchesed EVERYTHING this forumn said to as the likely issue. Now....I need expert advise from all who know!!!!
What the heck did I just find in the trans pan????

looks like a park sprag to me... but....like I said....IDK anything about these newer than the old 904 or 727's myself.

thanks,
Ron

Old 05-29-2012, 10:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,275 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Band anchor. See my reply to your other post.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:50 PM
rgtsmm01

Originally Posted by rgtsmm01
I am trying to do the 1st to @nd shift issue replacement of parts to my mothers 2001 ram 1500 4x4 quad cab. Upon pulling the pan loose...I find this in the pan along with a bunch of what appears to look like an artichoke center of metal around the magnet built into the pan bottom,
the truck starts, drives, runs fine in first and reverse.... has NO check ngine lights on!!! and I purchesed EVERYTHING this forumn said to as the likely issue. Now....I need expert advise from all who know!!!!
What the heck did I just find in the trans pan????

looks like a park sprag to me... but....like I said....IDK anything about these newer than the old 904 or 727's myself.

thanks,
Ron

oops...trying to get the pic to load... hope this worked!!!

thanksfor any help or advise offered!!!!
Ron

Old 05-29-2012, 10:56 PM
rgtsmm01
Default trying once again

did it show the pic???

Old 05-29-2012, 11:01 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

This guy. Band anchor. Should be a strut as well. Put things back in place, and then adjust the bands. It should stay in place then....

Old 05-30-2012, 01:12 AM
rgtsmm01
Default Thank you SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

Originally Posted by HeyYou

This guy. Band anchor. Should be a strut as well. Put things back in place, and then adjust the bands. It should stay in place then....

Now....tell me how to do that and replace the electonic stuff above the fliter that every one will one said was why it would not shift from first to second...and I will Owe you a HUGE favor

Old 05-30-2012, 09:17 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Grab the 01 service manual from the faq section here. Procedures for all of that will be in there, in nice detail.

I think there are also videos for replacing governor stuff on the 46RE on YouTube, and writeups at various sites as well. Google can be your friend.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:54 PM
rgtsmm01

Grab the 01 service manual from the faq section here. Procedures for all of that will be in there, in nice detail.

I think there are also videos for replacing governor stuff on the 46RE on YouTube, and writeups at various sites as well. Google can be your friend.

Thank you!!!!
Google is how I found this sight while trying to figure out what could be wrong with this PU. I am trying to navigate this place still, I think this is a great place to look for info and have aready told several about all the great info here.
Again...thanks for your help with this.
Ron

Old 05-30-2012, 11:02 PM
rgtsmm01

Not too sound sooooo stupid... but why cant I fibd this in the
faq part????

Old 05-30-2012, 11:44 PM
rgtsmm01

we can not find this anywhere , will you please send link to it .

Quick Reply: Help indentify this please!!!!