3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

I want to add power locks

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 05:05 PM
dingdong2
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I want to add power locks

I want to add power locks to my 2007 Dakota ST. I'm looking for some guidance on this. Has anyone done this before? Should I try to find OEM parts or go with aftermarket? I don't really need buttons for the locks inside the truck because I will eventually hook them up to an alarm/keyless entry. I saw some universal actuators on eBay for really cheap.

I would prefer to get OEM parts if I can but I can't spend a ton of money and i don't know if OEM will even work without replacing the interior of the door (for the buttons and such). I am not against doing all of that (replacing the interior of the door) but it would probably cost a lot more.

Any help is appreciated

ps... I would love to have power windows too but I don't think I want to tackle that task

Old 06-08-2011, 11:58 AM
dingdong2
Professional
Old 06-08-2011, 12:30 PM
wingman_214
Veteran

I would check to see if your truck has the harness connectors for the power locks. If so you maybe able to swap doors and reflash the ecm.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:09 AM
dingdong2
Professional

Originally Posted by wingman_214
I would check to see if your truck has the harness connectors for the power locks. If so you maybe able to swap doors and reflash the ecm.
How would I check for the harnesses/where would they be? I don't think my doors have any wiring in them for locks but I'm not sure cuz there are some wires that go to the latch. I think those wires are just for telling to ecm if the door is open or closed though.

Quick Reply: I want to add power locks