3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

dodgeforum decals???

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 10:01 PM
bgbluram2
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want one

Old 07-31-2011, 10:10 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
still interested and I know a bunch of other are too...I say let Reid make them...he's offering and he's a DF member....well known....nothing against the girl who made Hammer's decal...but if we can support one of our own I say let him go for it...
Well, this girl is a member, although I don't know how active she is. These decals would be identical to the ones BadStratRt had made up last year, nothing fancy, just "DodgeForum.com" in a 9.5" x 1" strip.

Looks like I can be able to get them out for $3 shipped. That should cover my cost and an envelope and stamp to mail them out...

Old 07-31-2011, 10:44 PM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sold.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:47 AM
wingman_214
Veteran

I'm going to need an order form or something.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:33 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

I'll put up where you can paypal me and give me a shipping address, also do a forum wide announcement that I've got them when I have them in hand. I sent her a go-ahead to do them up today, but I have to figure out what colors and how many of each yet. She said she'd pay pal me an invoice and have them to me in about a week.

I know I'm going to have her do White, Black, Red and Silver. Thinking of either maybe "Hemi Orange" or Blue??? I can't do too many different colors because there is a minimum for each color and I'm not making anything on these and really can't afford to get stuck with a bunch...

Again, these are identical to the ones the forum has done before, I felt they needed to be uniform with all the previous ones. If anybody wants to do something more fancy for themselves or others, that's fine. I'm sure IB has "DodgeForum" copyrighted, but I don't think they are gonna object to free advertising...

This is mine, they will be the same. Obviously not the Ram head, but the "DodgeForum.com" under it...

101_0071.jpg

Last edited by HammerZ71; 08-01-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Eimer123
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I guess thanks for stealing the thread and work.
I would like to say that I think its kinda lame that I have been trying to go through the proper channels to get this done, and only to have someone else just jump in and say they are just going to do them.

Really makes me want to stay apart of this forum.

Last edited by Eimer123; 08-01-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:50 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Originally Posted by Eimer123
Well I guess thanks for stealing the thread and work.
I would like to say that I think its kinda lame that I have been trying to go through the proper channels to get this done, and only to have someone else just jump in and say they are just going to do them.

Really makes me want to stay apart of this forum.

This topic has actually been brought up a couple of times in the past three months among moderators, as people have inquired either through threads or PMs to me or other moderators. There has been discussion among moderators for a couple of weeks now. There have been two or three threads in the Ram sections regarding stickers in just the last couple of weeks and the Admin who had them made up last time has informed us that he is now out of them.

I promised Ram owners in two different sections that I'd get them done BEFORE I WAS AWARE OF THIS THREAD! I have gotten a good dozen PMs from guys wanting stickers in the past two weeks alone. A Ram owner had just noticed this thread and informed me of it which is why I made a post about getting together regarding stickers. HOWEVER, I had already made inquiries about getting them made from a couple of vendors and one of whom is a member got back to me with prices.

I wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes, but the ball was rolling on this before I was aware you were attempting to make any. To be honest, I didn't read through this thread to know that you were making/had made them, but simply saw where you guys were discussing stickers. Forgive me, but I can't read every post in every thread in every section of the forum.

Had any of the moderators/admins who are in the Dak sections told me a thing about this when I inquired about having some made, I would not have pursued it.

Obviously at $3 each shipped (and I'm not making remember, I'm buying them) I'm not making a thing off them, and have had to lay out money up front for them. So in all honesty, if I was aware someone wanted to do all the work, and not tried to make money off of fellow members, I'da gladly let them...

Old 08-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Eimer123
Record Breaker

Well now that things have been settled. I have decided to take the following actions...

Hammer - When you get the stickers please place a link in this thread so people can place a purchase of your design

For everyone else. I am still going to try to get a hold of site owner to get approval. If and when I get approval I will try and make a version with the Ram head as shown in this thread previously. I will also be working looking at making perfect fit dodge forum Dakota only vinyl for the rear windows, and side windows of the club/quad cabs. I will also think about offering my hood DODGE DAKOTA vinyl. which I designed to match the curve of our hood. (see sig)

Old 08-04-2011, 02:14 PM
dingdong2
Professional

I like Hammers stickers but I'm still interested in the ones that you have in mind. Please post some pics, drawings, etc of what you have. I see the pic in your sig but could you post a better pic of it. It looks nice on your truck but I'm not 100% sure it would look as good on mine.

Originally Posted by Eimer123
Well now that things have been settled. I have decided to take the following actions...

Hammer - When you get the stickers please place a link in this thread so people can place a purchase of your design

For everyone else. I am still going to try to get a hold of site owner to get approval. If and when I get approval I will try and make a version with the Ram head as shown in this thread previously. I will also be working looking at making perfect fit dodge forum Dakota only vinyl for the rear windows, and side windows of the club/quad cabs. I will also think about offering my hood DODGE DAKOTA vinyl. which I designed to match the curve of our hood. (see sig)

Old 08-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Eimer123
Record Breaker

If I make these they will be cut so they template to the hood angle and back corner for perfect alignment.

These are from when when I first installed them

IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0338.jpg

IMAG0340.jpg

These are some time after

IMAG0640.jpg

IMAG0641.jpg

Quick Reply: dodgeforum decals???