3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Temporary Withdrawl From Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 11:12 AM
pyrofossil
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad to see you and the kids are ok! If the insurance does total it out, I would hope you could take some of your parts off. I'm sure you could sell you tonneau cover, and nerf bars. Or you could always get another 3rd gen! When I totaled my car in 2006, I went to the storage lot they towed it to and removed everything, sold it online, and removed my alarm system and put it onto my next vehicle. I wish you the best of luck on your car/truck shopping and again glad to see you all are ok!!!

Also for future reference, you could invest in a dash cam. I did a lot of research on them and this was the best for the cost. Put the link here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DVR207-HD-720P-IR-Car-Vehicle-Dash-Camera-DVR-Rotable-270-Degree-Monitor-Newest-/121125371738?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c33a27f5a . Its the exact one I bought, from the same seller. It works great! I've had it for about a month and absolutely no problems, and great picture quality.

33f672ce-cf3e-415e-bce4-4a5af6cab574_zpscbea3294.jpg

3" Leveling kit- Rancho's All around- 265/75R16 BFG Rugged Terrains- Custom Short Ram Intake- Straight piped exhaust, Black housing headlights 6k HID- Custom HarleyDavidson Shifter **Custom Built Bumper**

Old 10-06-2013, 09:33 AM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I had the same thing happen to me years ago. 35 mph zone, I looked both ways and got hit. Of course it was my fault even though they were speeding. My insurance company dropped me after that also, so keep an eye out for that.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:56 PM
northgator8
All Star
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pyrofossil
I'm glad to see you and the kids are ok! If the insurance does total it out, I would hope you could take some of your parts off. I'm sure you could sell you tonneau cover, and nerf bars. Or you could always get another 3rd gen! When I totaled my car in 2006, I went to the storage lot they towed it to and removed everything, sold it online, and removed my alarm system and put it onto my next vehicle. I wish you the best of luck on your car/truck shopping and again glad to see you all are ok!!!
Thought of going to get the tonneau, but, if totalled, the truck is down in northern NY state. I need the hitch receiver off of it too, since out of the three I have, it is the one I use most often.

I THINK I have bought a new one. I made the deal, but I can break it if Insurance doesn't write it off.

I don't need more on my dash in the way than I have now.

Thanks though!

Old 10-06-2013, 03:59 PM
northgator8
All Star
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaded
I had the same thing happen to me years ago. 35 mph zone, I looked both ways and got hit. Of course it was my fault even though they were speeding. My insurance company dropped me after that also, so keep an eye out for that.
I'm not too worried about my insurance co - I've been with them for 25 years, with no major claims. I have $0 deductible, replacement coverage, and, I think, 1st at-fault forgiveness.

Thanks for the heads-up though

Quick Reply: Temporary Withdrawl From Forum