3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

508-watt SoundBox audio system

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 11:51 AM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts
Default 508-watt SoundBox audio system

Does anyone actually have one of these in their Dakota, I know we've mentioned them over the years, but I don't remember anyone actually having it. It was an option in the sales brochure under 'Entertainment Systems'. It only showed up as a 'late availability option' starting in the 2006 model year, and was only offered through the 07 model. Just curious, these seem to be harder to find than bigfoot.

SOUND BOX GROUP — 508 total amplified watts of power; 9 speakers including a 10-inch subwoofer and 2 tweeters enclosed in a translucent stylized box. Includes 750-amp battery (available only on Club Cab models with Slate bucket seats) (requires premium Alpine Sound System ).

ooxo0xi.jpg
1wAvHjm.jpg

Last edited by dakotaff; 07-19-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-08-2022, 08:35 PM
Seamulv
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine Sound box

Originally Posted by dakotaff
Does anyone actually have one of these in their Dakota, I know we've mentioned them over the years, but I don't remember anyone actually having it. It was an option in the sales brochure under 'Entertainment Systems'. It only showed up as a 'late availability option' starting in the 2006 model year, and was only offered through the 07 model. Just curious, these seem to be harder to find than bigfoot.

SOUND BOX GROUP — 508 total amplified watts of power; 9 speakers including a 10-inch subwoofer and 2 tweeters enclosed in a translucent stylized box. Includes 750-amp battery (available only on Club Cab models with Slate bucket seats) (requires premium Alpine Sound System ).

2007 Dodge Dakota SLT RWD quad cab V8; comes with an Alpine Sound box.

As recent as 2022; still looks good 😊. It's from a 2007...

Last edited by Seamulv; 01-08-2022 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Add a picture
Old 01-18-2022, 02:38 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

So you're the guy who bought it, seems like a 1 of 1 production run.

That's pretty cool though, hopefully you've been giving it a good workout.

Old 01-18-2022, 11:07 PM
Seamulv
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dakotaff
So you're the guy who bought it, seems like a 1 of 1 production run.

That's pretty cool though, hopefully you've been giving it a good workout.
I actually just purchased the vehicle, the sound is good, though. I am just getting used to driving a different vehicle.

Quick Reply: 508-watt SoundBox audio system