3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

2009 Dakota knock sensor location

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2024 | 04:03 PM
AgentOfOblivion
|
Default 2009 4.7 V8 Dakota knock sensor location

Well I had a cylinder 6 misfire. Replaced the ignition coil and spark plug and it ran great...for a month or so. Scanned it again and it still says the same thing: cylinder 6 misfire and to replace ignition coil and spark plug. It actually listed 2 spark plugs for the cylinder 6 misfire both times which I don't understand. Anyway it also listed knock sensor circuit 1, so I just bought that for almost 100 bucks (ouch) and now it seems like I have to take apart half the engine to replace one sensor. Is this the case? And anyone know why it keeps listing 2 spark plugs for cylinder 6? It runs way worse after it rains as well which is why I thought it might be a sensor. It also threw codes for ambient air and camshaft sensors.
All codes in order:
P0306
P0325
P0073
P0344

Last edited by AgentOfOblivion; 08-29-2024 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-29-2024 | 07:46 PM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker

4.7 knock sensors mount in the valley under the intake if I recall correctly. Its not a terrible job pulling the intake manifold. Make sure its clean so nothing falls in the cylinder head, remove intake tube, fuel line (make sure its depressurized), coils, assorted electrical and vacuum lines.

Seems like alot but its not bad if you have tools and preferably a roof area. I would purchase new intake seals but they are reusable if they are still soft.

Last edited by dodgetruck2; 08-29-2024 at 08:01 PM.

Quick Reply: 2009 Dakota knock sensor location